The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BRAKE PADS STICKING?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    oc4

BRAKE PADS STICKING?

Hey Everyone! I'm somewhat new to TGC and still trying to navigate through everything but seem to have found where I need questions answered - I was starting to pull away from a dead stop when I heard some whining/screeching coming from the front passgenger side (or at least it sounded from there )- I tapped the brakes and it went away. About 15 mins later - i was driving and just heard it squeeling again. I tapped the brakes and it went away- by the way, my brakes have been shot for a while - i know i'm need of new pads and to resurface rotors soon but it hasn't been making any noise at all- does anyone know why are my pads sticking or is something else wrong? also - how often do drum brakes have to be serviced or shoes need to be replaced?

mmake sure that it is the brakes that is making hte noise. cuz if it is, it could mean that the piston in the caliper is sticking and you might need new calipers or at least get them serviced.

as for the rear, you should service them at least when you service the front brakes.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

oc4
    thanks pinoy! I was thinking that too! i'll definitely get it checked!