The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil feed and return

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

oil feed and return

Whats up guys... I recently started my journey into FI by starting to gather my parts. So far i picked up the 14b with a manifold, o2 sensor with housing, 1g bov and 450cc injectors. Im looking at the places that can do my downpipe and or a custom 02 housing also. Im working on the safc2 along with fpr, fuel pump and intercooler - which ill probably get in the end of the month. I kinda have two questions even though i know my list is not complete -- ive seen the turbo setups and i have an idea of where the oil feed and return lines should go but i would like to check out other 8gers engine bays and see how the lines are routed. Also - i read on another forum that maybe our fuel pumps (stock) can be rewired to go to +- 10 psi of boost?? does anyone know of that? Thanks for your help guys...

4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Just get a Wallbro 190 or 255 pump, they aren't that expensive

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes you can rewire your pump to increase flow. Have you considered using stock pump from another mitsu (1st gen, or 3kGTvr4)? Though most people will suggest you just get a Walbro 190 or 255 lph.

Also I really suggest you get the emanage instead of the SAFCII. In fact, if you dont mind spending a bit extra you should get the Emanage Ultimate. This thing can auto-"fine"-tune to a whatever A/F ratio you set.

hmmm

hmm u know i have not considered getting a stock used fuel pump but i will check around. I want the emanage but to start out i can get safc way cheaper -- if i can find the emanage for a good deal then i will upgrade. Thanks for the info -- by the way is the emanage also auto tuning our timing?
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Screw the emanage. Get the basic Zeitronix wideband kit($279 i believe) and the MAFT Pro($399) With the MAFT Pro you can tune it like an SAFC but with 16 points on each LOW/Mid/High throttle. SAFC does 12 points with only Lo/Hi. It also will do a WOT tune to whatever AFR you want.

Not sure how much the eManage is, but I gaurantee the WB + MAFT will be more accurate.

www.zeitronix.com
    www.maftpro.com/

Looks like you have a 1g manifold with 14b? You will have to flip the turbo 180* and I wouldnt keep that manifold, it is probably cracked.

For a fuel pump, just get a Walbro 190. I got one for my Talon for $89 shipped off eBay. With a 14b you will never need the power of a 255.
    7g for life!

sup

yea i have the 2g manifold -- one turbo bolt broke so i bought some new ones as i was removing the turbo so i just left it connected.. the wideband o2 are universal right?? thanks

they are universal, but they require a controller.
    you can get zeitronix which is awesome.
    wideband, egt, electronic boost gauge, data logger all in one.
    and they are all peak hold so you can concentrate on your driving and look at the results afterwards.
    its a world of savings if you think about it.
    how much is a full sweep egt with peak hold function, and the same for a boost gauge with those specs. ALOT

you can alos get the innovate system. pretty cheap and works quite well too.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ES-Turbo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonathansgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'> i read on another forum that maybe our fuel pumps (stock) can be rewired to go to +- 10 psi of boost?? does anyone know of that? Thanks for your help guys... </div>

The stock fuel pump is good for about 200 w.h.p. without any rewiring. Trying to change out with another stock mitsu pump will be a waste of time. The pumps on the earlier eclipses are much larger than the stock pumps in the newer eclipses and galants so you might as well purchase a Walbro which won't be a direct fit either but you can make it work very easily.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Screw the emanage. Get the basic Zeitronix wideband kit($279 i believe) and the MAFT Pro($399) With the MAFT Pro you can tune it like an SAFC but with 16 points on each LOW/Mid/High throttle. SAFC does 12 points with only Lo/Hi. It also will do a WOT tune to whatever AFR you want. Â*

Not sure how much the eManage is, but I gaurantee the WB + MAFT will be more accurate.</div>

The e-manage is far superior to the maftpro simply due to the fact that the maftpro does not offer any type of timing control. I havent tried it personally yet but the new E-Manage Ultimate is supposed to be able to eliminate the mas as well and also has a wideband feature built into it. You just need to purchase a good quality sensor for it to work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ES-Turbo)</div><div class='quotemain'>

The e-manage is far superior to the maftpro simply due to the fact that the maftpro does not offer any type of timing control. Â*I havent tried it personally yet but the new E-Manage Ultimate is supposed to be able to eliminate the mas as well and also has a wideband feature built into it. Â*You just need to purchase a good quality sensor for it to work.</div>

actually the maft-pro does run speed density, and utilizes a wideband for closed loop wot tuning w target a/f. and as we speak Jeff O. at dsmchjips is helping them devise a way for timing control on dsms. it already works on turbo buicks.
    the maftpro also datalogs, allows on the fly adjustments too. its actually pretty sweet. i'm upgrading to it as soon as it comes out. I've been talking to some of the people working with it behind the scenes.
    and by selling safc2, its only gonna be more affordable.
    just my 2 cents. i am a fan of emanage. but this maftpro is right up my alley.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ES-Turbo
    I'm just saying that without timing control it will have no major benefit. If you don't need any timing control than your not running much more than 10-12 psi and no more than about 270 w.h.p. It that's the case than your stock mas should be working just fine. Mine performs flawlessly and gives me no reason to spend any time or money eliminating it. Once I decide to go for more power than I'll change it but I don't want to throw money into an upgrade and still have the same limitations because of ignition timing.

I'm all for saving money but the E-Manage is only a little over $300 with all the required harnesses and it gives you total fuel and timing control. I don't think anyones going to come out with anything that does it any cheaper. If they did than I would certainly give it a try.

I do love the veratility of emanage. emanage ultimate is even better.
    The thing i like about the maft pro is that included w/ the price is the controller. so you don't NEED to buy any other gadgets or software to make it work to the fullest its capable of. just a gm map and gm intake temp sensor if you want to go speed density. i just read that it also has an integrated boost controller.

load/rpm based tuning is the best in my opinion. boost leaks will no longer throw off your a/f ratio. very vast spool and throttle response cause there are no intake restrictions. venting to the atmosphere to relieve the most pressure and satisfy the ricer in me.
    and at the flip of a switch i can go back to a stock mas for a sort of "failsafe" mode if things aren't working right, or i just need to get maximum gas mileage.

its easy to say that all this could be overkill for the guy just starting out and wanting to run boost on his 64. but if you go the right route the first time, and its gonna be cheaper in the long run. instead of buying something only to sell it later for less than you paid for it in order to upgrade.

maft pro just seems nice and simple, while being very tunable. and even more precise(correction wise(.5% adjustments for 16 points on three tables)) than what its competitors offer.

if i had the dough of course i would be running autoronic, motec, or aem.
    but i don't and boubt i will when i could buy a very large turbo or shep racing tranny for around the same price.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

turbo setup

sup guys.. thanks for responses..
    i have another idea which im sure is useless but i wanna through it out there.. what would be the negative affects (prolly lag) of installing a up to 6 inch spacer between the manifold and turbo to push it to the right and out more or wuteva size i need to move the turbo to the right enough to fit wit the o2 housing>??? Also I found someone that can do a custom o2 does anyone have a pic that has done a custom o2 by the way.. ??Thanks...

ES-Turbo

Re: turbo setup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Johnathansgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup guys.. thanks for responses..
    i have another idea which im sure is useless but i wanna through it out there.. Â*what would be the negative affects (prolly lag) of installing a up to 6 inch spacer between the manifold and turbo to push it to the right and out more or wuteva size i need to move the turbo to the right enough to fit wit the o2 housing>??? Â* Also I found someone that can do a custom o2 does anyone have a pic that has done a custom o2 by the way.. ??Thanks...</div>

Building a "spacer" to move it over would be fine. I doubt it would affect spool time at all. You wouldnt be able to move it out at all because it's already pretty close to the fan but you could certainly move it over towards the drivers side and even in towards the engine a bit to gain some extra clearance between the turbo and the fan. Just be careful not to mount it to low or your oil drain will not function properly. As long as the oil drain can make a nice downhill slope on it's way to the pan than it will work fine.

thegalantdude
    man, please update us as you progress. im interested in this.

sup

Ill def keep u guys up to date. Im thinking the max 2 months ill be turboed.. Hopefully less..

hmmmm... so you think spool would probably not be affected... Im gonna check out some shops when it stops raining and see how much a spacer like that would run...

thanks guys

just buy a blank exhaust flange from a company that sells them like slowboy racing or sombody else.
    if its too thick, take it to a machine shop and have them mill it thinner.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

sup

hmm . would i use the exhaust flange to lower the turbo u mean??? Will that lower it enough to miss the ac ??? Thanks

i'm really not up to speed on your goal. or where exactly you are trying to move it. out from the head or down from the manifold.
    either way you should be able to get the flange you need.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

custom o2 housing

Hello guys,
    I just got the emanage blue in addition to my other turbo parts so in total got the 14b - mani - injectors - o2 housing - 1g bov - e-manage possibly something else.. .

i didnt want to start a new thread but i had a few more questions (possibly meaningless)...

I)
    First off i hear talk of getting a custom o2 housing but i have not seen anybody with one...
    A) if there is someone with an eclipse o2 housing with their ac still intact how did u manage that .... (8g I4 only please)
    does anyone have a custom o2 housing and if so do you have a pic(s)

2)
    Dont laff me off the board but anyone install a topmount on there turbo cars -- any year or model..??? Ive grown to actually like the subaru scoop and ic i guess cuz i see it so much from my friend. ( dont worry i wont do it cuz it would prolli look stupid on my car unless....)

thanks in advance --