The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4L EVO....

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

2.4L EVO....

Okay so, I just got this tuner mag "DSport" at the little magazine hut and I found this: http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2005/0905_c...ver_story.shtml article in there. Now I KNOW its been gone over and over to death, but there's a pic in the actual magazine of his DOHC setup, and I was wondering if this dude is actually the FIRST to do this to OUR 4G64 (timing belts on the left) engine? Cause so far people have proposed the thought of putting the EVO V-VIII head onto our block, but I have yet to see it done before this..

Point being, read the article! 2.4L producing 450HP on pump gas, and 620HP on racing fuel!!! :shock: I want that setup BAAAAAAAADDD!!!!!
    Anywho..

Later.
    MatrixRenagade

Experienced TGC Member
    64 crank in the 63 block? Ive seen it done before. Though if i remeber correctly it up the displacment to 2.3, NOT 2.4.

No, this is a 2.4, not just the crank but 4G64 BLOCK. This isn't a stroked 63 like I've seen before, this is the REAL deal with DOCH set-up on OUR 4G64! His shop worked some NICE things with our engine.. 8)
    MatrixRenagade

TGC lover
    WOW...that cool.
    i wish i had 450hp...

LOL, I wish I had DOHC 4G64 that'll fit into my 8G, THAT would be good enough for me right now!

And then of course I could boost the shyte out of it!!! :twisted:
    MatrixRenagade

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you're talking about serious money on that set up. they also don't mention anything about transmition upgrades or anything...i'm sure some of that HP is lost getting the power to the tarmac.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    A 2.4L Crank in a 2.0L block will yeiled 2.3L. He is not the first, its been done dozens of times.
    7g for life!

Very true, I def don't have the money for the R & D they did to get thet thing going off like that. But I really AM considering doing the DOHC setup.. And I wanted it to be known this dude and his crew were the FIRST to get the EVO head onto the 4G64 block!!!! :? But, it was an EVO that had to be the first to do it.... So sad to see..... :evil:
    MatrixRenagade

I see.. :idea:

Then they are wrong, and its not a 2.4L, just a stroked 2.0 to equal a 2.3...

I've seen the 2.3 done before as well, but I'm going to read the article again, ecause I could have sworn I read they used a 64 block. :oops:
    MatrixRenagade

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks like they did use a 2.4L block. Just saying, a 2.4L crank + 2.0L block = 2.3L.

But I dont think they are the first are they? Im pretty sure that there are other 2.4L guys out there. I know the 1g/2g guys have been using the '64 block for years now...
    7g for life!

Yeah they have, but theirs is the reverse opposite of ours, 180 degrees difference. But this guy used our block to do his setup, and he has the DOHC setup that works in an EVO VIII (as well the 8G). So far though, I still haven't seen it done before this EVO nerd (LOL, hehehehe, just jealous is all), but I remember a while back someone on Club3G was putting together a list of parts to do this head swap (I might be wrong though).
    MatrixRenagade

2.4 evo blocks are not new news.magnus has been selling them for months. And i recal a car in europe that is running close to 1000 hp on a 2.4/ evo hybrid w/ race gas. i even think it was posted on tgc not to long ago

from magnus's site:
    EVO stroker

7 bolt 2.4LR 2.4L 7 bolt biggest displacement and best rod/sroke ratio, lightest weight
    ver 4 $4200.00

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Faction
    i believe the stroker kits for the 63t come from a 4g64 and it only ups to 2.3 not 2.4. though not related to our 4g64, i read it in super street a long time ago.
    EDIT: Its from one of mitusibishis heavy duty trucks

TGC Regular
    exactly... BOAT loads of mmonnneyyy.

nice tho.. what I had dreamed of doin.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

j686m
    maybe not as much money as you think... check out this thread i started at club3g http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php...932#post1303932