The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey guys need help with 6a12tt conversion PLEASEEEEE

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    porsche_mech

Hey guys need help with 6a12tt conversion PLEASEEEEE

hey guys hows it goin i am new here as i only found this afternoon, i have been really happpy with kind of information i have found but i need more i am from australia and i have a 94 hj galant with the v6 which i have just removed and installed the 6a12tt motor and harness, i am almost done installing it and i was wondering if anyone has done it before and could help me with any little added things they had to do to get it running ect. wiring if anyone could help me that would be great

thanks

www.msport.co.nz - another guy on there has just done this same conversion in australia on there. I think he's on here too, and hes currently making about 140kW @ the wheels on 7psi and having some serious traction issues.
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

porsche_mech
    awsome thanks mate hey i like ur ride

porsche_mech
    hey i checked out there forums and have been looking for ages but can only find stuff where they are talking about it not where anyone actually said they knew what needed to be done if there is anymore advise that would be great guys
    thanks

well... what do you need to know?

is there something your not sure of?
    Horsepower is NOT proportional to the cross sectional area of your exhaust tip.

porsche_mech
    yeah well i have got it all bolted in and hardness for it is in aswell but i am wondering if there is any stuff from the engine hardness that needs to be intergrated into the rest of the car because there was a couple of spare plugs inside the car i just aint sure if maybe they are for climate control or something like that, all i need to know really is if there is any wires that needs to be wired in and what ones.. if u can help me that would awsome

porsche_mech
    well by the looks of it noone is gonna be able to help me :cry: well i got some more info anyway i got iot all bolted up and went to start it and there was no crank but i traced that to no signal to the solenoid, to i just jumped the starter using a screw driver and still didn't go it has spark and has fuel but of what i can see the injectors wern't firing i won't know for sure until i get the noid light onto it and check but if this sounds all to familiar to someone who has done it before please help me and tell me what u had to do

have you got the ballast resistor pack wired up correctly?

sorry about the late reply, i dont have the internet at home.

hhmm dunno if this is going to help, but when my engine blew up (mine's NA btw) and had it replaced, i couldn't start it, i tried boosting the battery to a charger but it didnt work.. so i thought the charger was giving the car too much amp and it was cutting the power off to the ecu (a preventative measure, it was just a thought) so I bought a new battery, and guess what it started with 1 click..

porsche_mech
    hhmmm well firstly about the balist resistor pack being wired up , i havn't wired anything up i transfered the whole engine harness + all computers from the turbo to mine and it all just plugs on except for a couple of plugs which are from auto because i got auto version, and that is another thing that it perhaps could be is that it is running an auto computer but i don't think that would be the problem because i know of people using auto computers on manuals and it just idles higher and doesn't really have much affect but that is on other cars not galants. and i will throw another battery in tomorow and try that because i was using a jump pack on a crappy battery.. i did put the noid light on today and found that indeed the injectors wern't getting pulsed but i don't know if that could be because it aint getting a signal from the ignition, because it won't crank by key it aint getting a signal at the starter solenoid.. if anyone has any wiring diagrams for the turbo model or for na v6 hj galant that would also be greatly appreciated.. anyway guys if there is anything else that you can think of please let me know .. it all helps thanks guys

you will be very hard pressed trying to find a wiring diaghram.

sounds like a simple problem though, transfering the whole loom is what i would have done, the problem you have is that the front cut could have been left in the weather for years, you might have a sticky relay

the balist resistor pack goes done buy the battery. maybe the front cut had an alarm with an imboliser?

electrics are fun. find out why you ignition isnt working first, then you may get power to the ECU which should start your injectors.

sorry cant be much more help than that.

porsche_mech
    yeah electrics are really fun :cry: heheh, well when i transferred the harness i only transfered the engine harness so no relays were transfered over and as for the imobaliser i don't think it has one because there is no added wires that look after market but i am gonna have to check it out..

And checking why my ignition aint working is going to be my first step, as soon as i get some time i am gonna check over all the sensors and wiring , i just hope it aint a crank angle sensor because that would suck

Anyway thanks for ya help hopefully i will be able to figure it out

all I can say is GOOD LUCK... hopefully you can figure it out soon, and maybe you can help me out too in the future..

if you are running an auto ecu on a manual transmission, you might want to ground your neutral safty switch pin on the ecu. that should allow you to crank by key.
    as for not getting spark or fuel, check to be sure your crank position or cam postition sensors are properly wired. with no crank signal the ecu will not spark. no sprark no fuel. but thats all i have for you bub.
    good luck

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you are running an auto ecu on a manual transmission, you might want to ground your neutral safty switch pin on the ecu. Â*that should allow you to crank by key.</div>

thats a really good idea! never thought of that

porsche_mech
    Don't worry guys i got it all figured out, :oops: silly me has no ballist resistor pack that is why i am getting no crank and no injectors *stupid me* thanks for all ya help in trying to figure it out now all i have to do is find a ballist resistor pack, which aint easy in aus dammit

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Easier in AUS then in the US

Post pics/vids when you get it done.
    7g for life!