The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need suggestions

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Need suggestions

I have been getting pretty low gas mileage recently, my gas light comes on at about 190 to 200 miles, I can usually go till about 235 or so before I fill up. Can anyone suggest if there is anyway that I can improve this, I read the older thread about gas mileage and I see some people talking about getting 300+ miles on a tank. I have a CAI, and a muffler, upgraded plug wires but is there anything else that I can do to improve mileage, I also keep my tires properly inflated. Any suggestions?

Re: Need suggestions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bergundy2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been getting pretty low gas mileage recently, my gas light comes on at about 190 to 200 miles, I can usually go till about 235 or so before I fill up. Can anyone suggest if there is anyway that I can improve this, I read the older thread about gas mileage and I see some people talking about getting 300+ miles on a tank. I have a CAI, and a muffler, upgraded plug wires but is there anything else that I can do to improve mileage, I also keep my tires properly inflated. Any suggestions?</div>

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't having a CAI make your gas milage worse?

It was not that much different before the CAI, when I installed the CAI I changed the plugs and wires as well? But yeah I think that it does mainly because you tend to get down on the gas more because of the lovely sound. I try not to do that .

Improve... I don't no... all I can say, since I moved to SC from ... ehhh... north... I feel like I'm burning gas like a Hummer... the thing is that I use to drive to work on open roads, mostly doing 50... nowadays I'm fighting traffic every morning, sometimes not doing more tha 30 an all the way, now that with the AC on really sucks...

So my improvement was to roll down the windows, and swet a little (tho saving passanger weight as well lol) and avoiding traffic and not launch it like it's a viper... I got 275-280 from the last tank and its a V6.

Guess I will just have to live with it, and the damn gas prices. I filled up yesterday and it cost $35.00 of course the light was on I think that I will really have to get the honda (beater) back up and running and use that for now it is really good on gas.

did you change your oil lately and at the regular interval, get some fuel system cleaner, some injector cleaner, and some seafoam and clean the internals a bit... that should free up a little

when i installed my cai my mpg improved just a tad. i get about 350-380 miles on a tank. i have a v6.