The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New and Improved High Stall Torque Converter info and specs

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Rezlo

New and Improved High Stall Torque Converter info and specs

Well the site is finally updated again! here is the link to the new converter specs and pricing HI STALL TORQUE CONVERTERS

I have been testing some new ideas recently and found a new stator for the 604 and F4 (mitsu) converter which will allow it to be even more efficient allowing you to access more torque multiplication during pull offs and allowing your trans to run cooler at the same time, With the added efficiency you will see an all round improvement in performance and fuel economy.

Remember that when you have your transmission rebuilt they will always replace your converter, don’t let them charge you $200-400 for a stock rebuilt unit when you can upgrade for neer the same price to a far stronger and higher stall unit, near all private trans shops will not void a warrantee if is within 1000rpm of stock stall either.

As I am sure you can tell if you’ve been to my site before that a lot has changed including all the pricing of my converters as well as an addition of over 80 new vehicles, I apologize for a slight increase in price but with shipping costs getting higher daily It was needed. The main reason being I only use UPS so I can supply each customer with a flawless transaction from payment till it arrives at your door.

If you do have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected] about the converters and Ill reply as fast as I can.

Ian

these converters are also available for the 9G galants as well?

...stupid question

Rezlo
    Yes I have them available for all the variations of Galants I4 and V6, I just dont exactly know where to post them on this forum as its pretty spread out.

I guess this is for the people that would rather spend the money and have there auto tranny rebuilt then spending the money to get a manual tranny swap. I don't know how it is for the 9g's though.

Rezlo
    Its also for the people that have a blown tranny (converters always get replaced and built into the cost of a regular rebuild)

Those that cant drive a stick shift or do alot of traffic driving,

Or better yet those who have enough HP to warrent actualy keeping the auto just to get better traction like I had to do in my supercharged Chrysler Cirrus, or many turbo and supercharged 3G eclipses (my main market)

i cant wait to receive mine i mean playing catch up in races is fun and all but i need to be able to launch
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Rezlo
    Its also for the people that have a blown tranny (converters always get replaced and built into the cost of a regular rebuild)

Those that cant drive a stick shift or do alot of traffic driving,

Or better yet those who have enough HP to warrent actualy keeping the auto just to get better traction like I had to do in my supercharged Chrysler Cirrus, or many turbo and supercharged 3G eclipses (my main market)
    This is exactly what the 9th Gen will need when those turbo kit's are finished with R&D! Even the 330 WHP from a unfinished tune during dynopulls with the turbo kits, will cause havoc with the stock tranny and converter and since all the 9th gens are auto and sequential-shift sportronic, this will probably come in handy, Rezlo.

Rezlo: Will you be doing any port work for the 6G75 engine (9th generation Galant V6). When your company does port work, does it also have available mapping or piggyback tuning involved? Sorry to post here, but your Port work thread has been locked!

Rezlo
    NO i wont be able to do any porting for a little while,

On a side note i can only do the I4's converters on an exhange basis from now on,

Thanks

Ian

i might beable to work with you after all i might jet my hands on a 01 converter with the smaller fit for the crank i will let you know when i do
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Rezlo
    Go onto club3g (eclipse forum) i sold a few to I4's there and one guy just replied back saying he has a core.

It would be alot easier for him to just ship it straight to me and we can take it from there.

here is the link

http://66.29.101.66/~c3g/forum/showthread....146#post1384146

Thanks man

Ian

i will check that out they are switching servers now so i'll have to wait

How are the internals of the TC? What kind of clutch material do you use? etc etc
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Bad news folks;

My good buddy, who builds the best torque converters for the Thunderbirds (imagine sending 3900 lb's of pure ass down the track at 8 second 1/4 mile times) said some things about the PCM and computer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>[14:15] dirtyd0g: don't mess with that transmission
    [14:15] EPelezo: Really?
    [14:16] EPelezo: Why is that?
    [14:16] dirtyd0g: pcm won't handle it it will set codes
    [14:16] EPelezo: On a galant
    [14:16] EPelezo: Hmmm
    [14:17] EPelezo: I know the PCM learns how you drive
    [14:17] dirtyd0g: yeah it will also set codes thinking it is slipping</div>
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown