The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dynamat

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

dynamat

ive never messed with dynamat.. but i want to dyna mat my trunk. i have it and everything.. all together its 20 sq. ft.. is that going to be enough to do my whole trunk.. is it hard to install.. what all do i have to do to install it?
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

I think that should be enough, just strip away the interior of the trunk. maybe get the dynamat roller or when I did my rear deck I used the back of a stubby screw driver. It is to get the dynamat into the grooves and rounded edges. I also used a heat gun to heat it up a little so that it adhered a little better. I am looking to do my trunk as soon as it cools down here a bit, it is too damn hot to work on my car. Let me know if you run into any problems but it should be pretty easy.

All depends on how much you want to cover really....

I used 60 sq feet to cover my whole trunk.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Sweet I guess he will have to get more, has anyone heard of fatmat? It is supposed to be a dynamat alternative and costs much less?
    http://www.fatmat.com/

http://www.fatmat.com/fatmat/bulk/50%20sq%...t%20extreme.htm

50SQ FEET FOR $59.99

what do you actually have to do to put it on..?
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

Just like he explained. Heat it up. Hair dryer or Heat gun will work. I would do this with a friend helping. Cut out the size you need. Have your friend heat it up so it is nice and sticky and then place it where you want it. Make sure the area is clean though. I used Simple Green to get rid of all the grease and dirt before I placed my eDead on it. If you don't clean the area parts will start to fall off. When you place it where you want it you can either use a roller or like I did and just use a spoon.

I haven't heard of fatmat but I use eDead from Elemental Designs. Good price. There is a coupon code on my message board where you can get 20% off your order.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

I used FatMat in my doors and trunk. It seems alright, but I've never used any other brand, so I can't compare it to anything.

As described above, 20 Sq. ft. is enough to do your trunk lid and a little more. I used B-Quiet's Brown Bread which looks just like the Dynamat and most other stuff out there and covered the whole trunk just like the picture posted. it was a 100 Sq. ft roll and probably have about 25 left so I guess around 75 Sq. ft. all together on my trunk. It's not hard to put on, just time consuming. I used my roller for about half the install until I broke it. You just want to make sure you have as little air pockets as possible. All you need is the roller and a box cutter or razor blade for cutting the pieces to fit. Just start layin the stuff in there.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Dave@SE
    I would definitely use more than 20 sq ft if you want to notice the difference. 1 layer of any sound deadening material just doesn't cut it in my opinion.