The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: basic bolt on for tha meantime

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

basic bolt on for tha meantime

ok so i decided to save up for a evo swap. im in hghschool so i have to save but any way im thninking of spending sum money on tha suspension and tranny before i really start saving up and as for tha engine im not one to keep a motor stock so for tha meantime (while saving for tha 63 evo motor) im thinking of bolting on sum basic bolt-ons on the 64. so i was thinking i shud turn to tgc for some input into what im doing. im thinkn of a simple header, intake, and exhaust set up. maybe also a throttle body. but i need the exhaust to be able to fit the 63 after tha swap so what manufacturers shud i turn to for these parts? do i look for a galant application or a eclipse gs 3g application?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i say screw those basic bolt ons. you gonna waste 500+ on headers, intake and other stuff you cna't use with the new motor. if you are gonna waste 500+ bucks on those parts, get something you can use in the future like a big brake kit or something. or hell just keep that 500 in your pocket and you're 500 bucks closer to getting your motor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    hell just keep that 500 in your pocket and you're 500 bucks closer to getting your motor.
    exactly, $500 can take a chunk out of all the bills from the evo swap. if you really are doing the evo swap, don't touch anything engine wise. get the suspension and tranny up to par first, or just save your money.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yea i know that sum of tha parts wont be used for the new motor but mu point is i dunt wanna be sittin low on rims and on big brake kits and getspanked by a yugo on tha highway... i juz want a little power for tha meantime. and i am goin to focus on tha ttranny for now juz having trouble looking for a tranny in my area.... hell im having trouble finding a motor. but ryt now i juz want a little power.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i know that sum of tha parts wont be used for the new motor but mu point is i dunt wanna be sittin low on rims and on big brake kits and getspanked by a yugo on tha highway... Â*i juz want a little power for tha meantime. Â*and i am goin to focus on tha ttranny for now juz having trouble looking for a tranny in my area.... hell im having trouble finding a motor. but ryt now i juz want a little power.</div>

assuming that yugo can beat you right now, it's still going to beat you after you do every bolt-on in the world.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

dont touch your stock engine.. just save it up and get the 4g63t.. not saying that you'd be wasting your money, but i think it would be better spent on the evo motor.. im in high school too by the way.. what grade you in?
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i know that sum of tha parts wont be used for the new motor but mu point is i dunt wanna be sittin low on rims and on big brake kits and getspanked by a yugo on tha highway... Â*i juz want a little power for tha meantime. Â*and i am goin to focus on tha ttranny for now juz having trouble looking for a tranny in my area.... hell im having trouble finding a motor. but ryt now i juz want a little power.</div>

assuming that yugo can beat you right now, it's still going to beat you after you do every bolt-on in the world.</div>

Amen!! if your gonna go through with the Evo swap keep that $500 in your pocket, either that or go with what Pinoy said and use it for suspensionand brakes.. who cares if yugo beats you.. you can out corner/handle and brake better than him.. nd then when you get your Evo engine in you can have another rematch with him and by then he'll be thinking that he can whoop you.. an then you can ultimately crush his ass with your sleeper..
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    First of all do the 5spd swap. I dont care if your in high school. If you have a garage, or even a driveway, you can do the swap. Will end up costing around $1500 if you go with a descent clutch and flywheel.

Next mods are up to you, basic bolt ons will not yeild to much. But if you want to do the Evo swap, you should do hte 5spd swap first.
    7g for life!

definatly get that five speed in. that will make everything better and give you a little power/ control that will improve the ride overall.
    and it will be totally compatable with your engine swap
    instead of wasting money on parts you'll have to sell later just like pinoy said.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i know that sum of tha parts wont be used for the new motor but mu point is i dunt wanna be sittin low on rims and on big brake kits and getspanked by a yugo on tha highway... Â*i juz want a little power for tha meantime. Â*and i am goin to focus on tha ttranny for now juz having trouble looking for a tranny in my area.... hell im having trouble finding a motor. but ryt now i juz want a little power.</div>

assuming that yugo can beat you right now, it's still going to beat you after you do every bolt-on in the world.</div>

Could NOT have said it better myself.

Aside from some sort of FI, just about EVERY "performance" mod for the 4G64 is a waste. In the simplest sense possible, its HIGHLY ILLOGICAL to WASTE money on your current motor, if you dont plan on using it down the road. Granted, you will see some performance increases, though at MOST you will be able to stick with a V6 Gaylant. i.e. soon2bturbo has quite a few NA mods done to his 4 banger, though at best he is able to stick with my 100% stock V6 till I get to 3rd (which is actually quite good).

Have you seriously considered all your possibilites? Have you thought about keeping the stock motor and turbocharging that? If you don't exactly know what you want now, you will end up wasting countless amounts of money on useless mods.

Also hows your income? Are you able to afford stuff like headers, CAIs, and what not, all the while saving for the motor?

im definitely goin' wit tha evo motor and im not spendin' anything on the motor i did an experiment wit my friends galant i kinda convinced him into installing bolt-ons on his 64 and didnt make any difference though he liked it when i drove it my galant seemed like it was faster his was only louder so im definitely goin to save up for tha 63 but first im gunna spend sum money on the 5-speed maybe a stage 2 clutch, flywheel and short throw shifter. and my suspension too im installing tein ss-p's so i took you guys' advice. and about the turbo 64 i dunt want to turbo the 64 cuz rumor has it that the block of the 64 cant withstand more than 5000 sumthin rpm so im not usin' that. thanx ya'll

hmm, next time post your findings before you act on a "rumor" that the 64 block can't handle a turbo over 5,000rpms or whatever. i make my peak power at 5,200 with my turbo :!:

and don't say stage 2 clutch, i hate it when people say that. it makes them sound like a honda ricer or some integra tuner fag. clutches are available in makes and models. stage 2 can imply the "2nd step" for any line of clutches from a certain brand.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    hmm, next time post your findings before you act on a "rumor" that the 64 block can't handle a turbo over 5,000rpms or whatever. i make my peak power at 5,200 with my turbo :!:

and don't say stage 2 clutch, i hate it when people say that. it makes them sound like a honda ricer or some integra tuner fag. clutches are available in makes and models. stage 2 can imply the "2nd step" for any line of clutches from a certain brand.
    ouch!
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes pretty much the only cars that have stages are Hondas and the Dodge SRT4 guys which they have different stages from the factory...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm, next time post your findings before you act on a "rumor" that the 64 block can't handle a turbo over 5,000rpms or whatever. i make my peak power at 5,200 with my turbo Â*:!: Â*

and don't say stage 2 clutch, i hate it when people say that. it makes them sound like a honda ricer or some integra tuner fag. clutches are available in makes and models. stage 2 can imply the "2nd step" for any line of clutches from a certain brand.</div>

dayum sorrie the hostility!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm, next time post your findings before you act on a "rumor" that the 64 block can't handle a turbo over 5,000rpms or whatever. i make my peak power at 5,200 with my turbo Â*:!: Â*

and don't say stage 2 clutch, i hate it when people say that. it makes them sound like a honda ricer or some integra tuner fag. clutches are available in makes and models. stage 2 can imply the "2nd step" for any line of clutches from a certain brand.</div>

dayum sorrie the hostility!!!</div>

Well the fact of the matter is, who ever told you that rumor about the 4G64 block needs to be beaten in the face with a 2x4. Basicly its quite the opposite. The block for the 4G64 is VERY VERY strong. I can't find the exact quote, but on Socalevo.net they were discusing the fact that the 4G64 stock block (not full bottom end mind you, just the block itself) is able to easily withstand 50psi+ and handle revs well past 8k. This is from one of the owners of a tuning shop that specalizes in evos.

In the end, you will reach the limitations of many other parts LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG before you ever reach the limits of the block (thats not to say that the block can handle a broken rod being slapped around or any other catasrophe like that).

So back to the original point. Are you sure you want to still do the swap? I'm just trying to show you that the 4G64T is really not a bad idea at all.

yea im still doin tha swap i love that motor (4g63) hence my username. I heard well i read the rumor from modified mag. with that 4g64 powered evo wit tha 63 dohc head. i prolly read it wrong but it said it barely withstands boost past 5000 rpm's

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea im still doin tha swap i love that motor (4g63) Â*hence my username. Â*I heard well i read the rumor from modified mag. Â*with that 4g64 powered evo wit tha 63 dohc head. i prolly read it wrong but it said it barely withstands boost past 5000 rpm's</div>

this is why i hate magazines. they're full of such biased BS it makes me sick

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i kno but sumtimes magazines can be real sources