The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The JDM Fairy Paid me a visit**Update Parts installed Pics**

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 51
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgary1978
    You must have caught then fairy in your bed taking the tooth and treated her to a wild night
    that's what i was thinking...

But out of joke, those are great...I'm looking forward to seeing those installed. What's the update on the G?
    -Pedro

good find Brian...glad to know the guy didn't stiff ya...

TGC Regular
    You knw what stewi.. go ahead and buy the right hand driven dash and do the conversion THEN!.. JDM spec Us Galant RHD.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

bacchus
    OK i know for a fact that that strut bar will not fit,., took one off a real VR4 (MANTE) AND that shit dose not work. so it will make a kick ass towel rack.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    You knw what stewi.. go ahead and buy the right hand driven dash and do the conversion THEN!.. JDM spec Us Galant RHD.

Nah, According to that internet article Bernard already beat me to that....

The car is coming along well. The motor is done, im not putting it in yet tho, I wanna get the body stuff taken care of. I got rims, rear disc conversion, powerslot rotors, hawk pads and stainless lines all around. I got Tenzo EvolutionR racing seats and an HID kit.

DANJ, I figured out a way to make the FMIC Fit, How do you ask???? i got the JDM crash bar, it makes things a WHOLE lot easier, believe it or not, the JDM crash bar doesnt slide into the frame rails like the USDM one, it actually bolts to the front of the frame rails, the stock VR4 has a large front mount and it fits nicelty, im just gonna have to change my piping around a little bit, nothing a welder cant handle.

ETA on the car is 2 weeks, 2 weeks total for everything, for the motor to be in and tuned and for all the body parts installed and painted
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    damn!!! not early enough for the Randall Island BBQ

:shock: thats Puuurtay... Thats some tooth fairy you got there, tell her to PM when she gets a chance.. how much did it all come down to? just curious..
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

$1,000
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    Thats coo Stewi.. you know what. I was looking on this website they sell JDM parts. There are engines on rimsandthings.com (Where proto bought his jdm front end conversion) , I saw a 6g72TT for 2499 comes with everything I'd need I think. I was like wow.. thats cheaper then buying a super charger ..what are your views?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

dave1
    Thats coo Stewi.. you know what. I was looking on this website they sell JDM parts. There are engines on rimsandthings.com (Where proto bought his jdm front end conversion) , I saw a 6g72TT for 2499 comes with everything I'd need I think. I was like wow.. thats cheaper then buying a super charger ..what are your views?

i dont know anything bout the engine swap man but id say if you did do that swap id worship you and you car !

TGC Regular
    I dont know how to do an engine swap..lol I see this swap as like.. a way to get something and which it can be built on for cheaper then buying a 3500 dollar supercharger you know? Plus these engines on this site have right around 60k miles.. BUT im not sure if the tranny thatit comes with is awd or fwd.. problem.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Mante has a post on this swap search for it. Your in MD and so is he you got the best resource right there.

exactly, you better get a shoe horn and some grease to try and squeeze that motor into the engine bay
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    $1,000
    Where did you get your parts from, rimsandthings.com?

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    exactly, you better get a shoe horn and some grease to try and squeeze that motor into the engine bay
    Shouldnt be too bad if you go with a single turbo, which you really want to do anyway TT is for conservative people.

Censee
    .....i think u prolly meant a 6a**tt (i think its a 6a12tt )motor from a galant vr4.... because the 6g72tt motor u are referring to is probably a 3000gtvr4 motor which is mounted oppsite ours...

the motor in the JDM 8th gen VR4 is a 6A13TT. I got my parts from a guy on ebay, I think its called Japanese Engines Inc
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

rimsandthings.com is a prety good company.. at my work we ordered a jdm twin turbo front clip for a 300zx and it was there 3 days after.. the guy even work with us on hookin us up with some jdm foglights for my buddies car...
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

I got a few gaps here and there with the grille and headlights, I think I just need to trim the radiator supports a little more, I also have to grind the front of the radiator supports a little more so that the mouth of the bumper sits straight, its sitting kinda wavy because the intercooler isnt pushed back enough, I spent alot of time today on it, I will continue finishing it up tomorrow and filling in little imperfections in the bumper and prepping it for paint.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looks Damn good Brian :shock:
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast