The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what u guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

what u guys think?

well guys, i decided to take my bros 3000gts wheel off and exchange with mine until he comes back from europe.. *a coupel of weeks* anyways, i was looking at the tires and though hmm they probably wont fit... and they sure did no porlbme.. rims are 18X7 dunno the offset but must be really close to OEM galant ones since i aint rubbing AT ALL and the tire is 2 cm or less of rubbing the rear suspension arm.. anyways, im running 235/40/zr18 tires on my g now, and they work perfectly fine...no modifications had to be done to fit.. yes i have my rear fenders rolled since i did the camber on my original wheels, and thats it tho... the tein drop is still on stock shocks, so it probably sits lower than any other tein stech springed G... anyways, just wanted to let u guys know that.... pretty stupid huh?> neways, ill post pics/take pics soon! hope u guys will enjoy... i think im going to gow ith some chrome 19 or 20s next... only problem is, that the wheels i love, are only 20s.... no 19s, so i might have to find something more sutable thatll fit the 19s.. there are 20X7.5 tho in the ones i want.. :twisted: u guys think ill run into trouble? i can get offsets in the +46 +33 +38 i keep forgetting what offset is the one i need... someone please psot that up!!! thanks guys, and let me know what the problem i would have with 20s would be...
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Too big, why doy ou want such big rims, they look silly on our Galants.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET CHROME 19 or 20 inch rims, i do not see your car in that light at all... with that sick CF hood and JDM front end, you gotta stick with the "tuner" wheels or whatever they are called, i dont know how well JDM and bling bling go togethor

agreed ^
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

19's leave you with about an inch of rubber. 20's, I don't personally have, but have to be less. I would stick with 18's or 19's at the biggest. You'll end up wrecking a rim and then be really pissed. I also think big chrome rims look silly on the G's. Only on SUV's and trucks do they look right.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

LOL get the dubz if you want man... I personally say go with 19's.... it all depends on what you really want..

LOL people are always bagging on galants on dubz lol saying they look silly I think it looks nice when you have everything setup right! I mean they fit the wheel well real nice... and they are a decent ride...

19's leave you with about an inch of rubber. 20's, I don't personally have, but have to be less. I would stick with 18's or 19's at the biggest. You'll end up wrecking a rim and then be really pissed. I also think big chrome rims look silly on the G's. Only on SUV's and trucks do they look right.
    ^^^^^^^I will just LOL at this......^^^^^^^

Chrome is nice I just say make sure you dont get cheap chrome.. and you willb e fine... LOL you wont reck a rim more just because they are 20's.. get some nice sturdy wheels... I say as long as you dont go for a very big chrome plate and get something with spokes i think you can have a nice sporty look with chrome..

my chrome wheels have a nice effect when rolling... Just make sure your wheels have a decent lip on them.. that will really make your wheels stand out and give them a more beefy look!!

LOL if you think thats ugly then i dont know what else to say LOL[/img]
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

So you're just going to laugh at my reply huh? Now that's funny. Have you looked at how your rims stick out from the tire. You can't tell me that's normal. those things are curb magnets and are much easier damaged than most the others out there. I was careful not to shit on anyone's setup in my reply because I think everyone is entitled to their own opinon, but your reply is just rude. The ride is good my ass!!!! how can you say that the ride is smooth when you have 3/4" of hard rubber separating the rim from the road. It's obvious you don't have any lowering springs, but I do and can honestly say its not smooth.

You could have just replied with your own opinion but chose to try and make someone else look stupid which was a pathetic attempt at that. I got 19's and was speaking from experience. I have 3 damaged rims sittin in my garage as we speak with damaged lips and they don't stick out nearly as far as yours. No matter what somone says, everyone is entitled to make their own decisions. I could have used harsher words when describing what I really thot of 20" chrome's on the Galant but chose not to out of respect. Maybe some people should learn to respect others as well.

spartus
    I have 3 damaged rims sittin in my garage as we speak with damaged lips and they don't stick out nearly as far as yours.
    Damn girl.... stay away from those curbs.....

Plugz you my boy keep rolling them thangs and if it aint the rest of your style then let it rest..... We dont make fun that you guys spend all this time on a auto car to make it look fast..... CANT we all just be friends!

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by spartus
    I have 3 damaged rims sittin in my garage as we speak with damaged lips and they don't stick out nearly as far as yours.
    Damn girl.... stay away from those curbs.
    i dont think shes a girl.. lol

i usually don't participate in these threads but i just had to comment on the horrible offset of your wheels dude. they stick our way too far from your fenders(sticking out at all is too far)
    short of the obvious expense difference, it reminds me of a mexican i saw driving a neon with dayton wire rims sticking out like skateboard wheels.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yes, I am a dude, and a big one at that. Sinsere is my taggin name...

Only one of the rims was my fault, the other were road hazards that were unavoidable.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    yes, I am a dude, and a big one at that. Sinsere is my taggin name...

Only one of the rims was my fault, the other were road hazards that were unavoidable.
    i think he was lookin at your avatar lol

when is we gon be free????

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't hate on anyone's ride. I'm probably one of the most positive people on here. To each his own. I'm not a racer and don't try to be. to be a ricer I'd have to try to be a racer. I just love my car and thats it. That's why I like this site, everyone has one thing in common...love for their cars. With that I apologize for offending anyone, but don't bash me for stating an opinion.

For the record, I'm pretty fly for a white guy...

You know this is real simple if you don't think he should upgrade bigger wheels a simple I don't think it will look rite is fine .. The racist remark of all galants on 20" chrome wheels is totally un called for.. I don't go ragging on all the styles I don't like... Let them be... And I recommended 19's for him... My wheels don't even poke out homie... No they ar not glued to my rotors but they fit well with my cars body and all I get is complements..... Simply put who cares what u think if its negative.. Go to another thread where someone is need rice help!.. He asked about bigger wheels so I with big wheels should have more insite then someone on stocks... Lol that's why we don't have aftermarket support we dragg down all the new ideas... Silly... Grow up.. Only idiots go around ragging cuzz they hate a certain style... GROW UP!

personally i think 3kgt vr4 18 inch wheels are pretty hot. they might be fine on a galant but i have always thought that the later model ones were too flashy. i like the older 5 spoke ones. they look great in the vr4's

who made a racist comment. i didn't see any in this thread. not one.

and if your rims don't stick out, then why are they sticking out in the picture? is it an optical illusion that i can't see your whole fender because your wheels sticking out are blocking the view? I really don't care what anybody does for their car. cause its not my problem.

but criticism is a two way street. negatives are going to come with the positive's. You want to tell me to go find another site where my negative criticism is welcome, cause its not wanted here? Would you rather have everybody kiss each others asses all the time?
    The way your friends do when you ask them if your wheels stick out?
    its all good man.
    People do what they want. I like tuning my car for performance. Other people like tuning their cars for tackiness. But no matter what you do, people are always going to be critical of it.
    but whatever you do, make sure you do it Right. Don't half ass it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    I think his car is pretty fly wit dubs on it personally. Every man is entitled to his or her own opinion. And their Dubs, arent they gonna stick out anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    I think his car is pretty fly wit dubs on it personally. Every man is entitled to his or her own opinion. And their Dubs, arent they gonna stick out anyway?
    that is my personal reason for not digging 20's on galants. If you had a 20" that didn't rub and had the proper offset(don't stick out) then go for it. i don't knock people's style.
    I just hate it when people do tacky things to their car.
    make it look clean. make it appear like that was the way the car was designed to look.
    seamless integration.

galantv600
    How about posting those pics?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You rite they do poke out!!!

Like i said before its the angle and the chrome...

dave1
    i think the thing here is we are all different people with the same kinda cars. So id wanna say since we have the same car we have the same views but we dont.

But i personaly admire everyones car if they are original. I dont have a favorite car on here although i do have some favorite members that i really do listen to. Basicly if i want to know about anything concerning my engine DOHSTUNR and Peano are 2 of the guys id listen to. If i wanna know about rims then id prolly call on plug and sinsere been around for along time so i pretty much trust anything he tells me too. Allan just knows too much and his brain should be sold on ebay. Hes prolly read every post on here. And as you can see he LEARNED FROM YOU GUYS. i remember when allan didnt know shit along with me, I was like 19 he was like 16 lol. I had a 7g that Craig, Gclipse96, helped me do a rear disk brake convertion on.

Anyways were all here to help each other.

back when tgc was a little over 100 members and prolly only 20 of them posted. it was much more simple not too much fighting because everyone was after one goal. learning about the galant. Well guys here it is 5 years later and im still trying to learn, if it be a turbo or 20 inch rims. Im up for learning anything! so any advice is taken if i dont like it or not.

spartus
    You rite they do poke out!!!
    HAHA that is soo funny bro!!!! HOLLA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast