The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tinted front windshield

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

tinted front windshield

anyone here actually HAVE their front windshield tinted? and what % is it tinted? i searched the forum and only found ppl with a 6" tint strip. i wanna tint my front something light, like 70%. but will make the insides much darker, and will look darker from the outside

You will get pulled over and ticketed for that no doubt. I just have the banner across the top and would like to do one across the bottom as well. The vinyl banner blocks 90% of the sun out. You going for looks or functionality? A 70% tint would be very light so I was just curious.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

dave1
    i never seen that done.. is it safe? id like to see someone with that

rainfever
    I was chattin about that with the guy who put in my limo tint, he said he has done the limo tint all around + front windshield, but usually for gansters or rich people. I also talked to a friend who lives in a rich neighbor hood and he says his friend has his escilade (sp) with tinted windshield.

Then again i live in Arizona, the cops here are much less strict than other areas. I've had %5 all around with the stripe on along the top of my windshield since March 27th 2005 and not once had a cop even glance my direction...im a slowpoke driver though, that may help

Experienced TGC Member
    Only person i ever saw with tint up front, was in LA. Some gangster guy with a relativly nice car, and limo tint up front.

there is a line on the windsheild with ASI and an arrow under it. its illegal to have tint put any lower than that line.

I was actually thinkin about doing this. My tint is lighter than I like plus a lot of heat still gets in front window. I was gonna do real light and I was also wonderin if anyone had done it. I don't think the cops would notice if the tint was light enough... but that's just me

One of my boys had it done in his Rodeo, i forget what percent it was, but it was light however when u sat in there it was nice and dark and u couldnt see anything from the outside in. It felt like it was always cloudy out, but it was pretty gangsta. The shop it was done at had a worker there with an Audi A4 black with the same thing done and it was sick. Id love ot do it, but worried about tickets

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

i had mine done with 14" of black vinyl... but it was really dirty and i took it off... look pretty sweet and blocked the sun AWESOME...

i have it done and it makes the inside much darker especially at night. no problems yet . knock on wood. i think it may be 70 or the next darkest. it is actually the second lightest so whatever that is, thats what i have.
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

theres no way i would do 20% or 5% on my front windshield. i already have problems seeing out the sides and rear in poorly lit areas. i just back out and pray there is no one coming.

2k2mitsu, how is the visibilty out the front?

rainfever
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    theres no way i would do 20% or 5% on my front windshield. i already have problems seeing out the sides and rear in poorly lit areas. i just back out and pray there is no one coming.

2k2mitsu, how is the visibilty out the front?
    /sexist

sounds like a woman driver

/endsexist

the visibility isnt bad at all. it is a lil bit darker and does always seems like it is cloudy out, but it keeps the car/leather much cooler and adds some more privacy at night.
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk