The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pressure

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    cdaw2001ES

Fuel pressure

I saw something, I think made by RPW that allows you to give the injectors, a bit more pressure w/o replacing the fuel pump. Anybody have a link to it... I stumbled on to it - now I cant remeber where???? I think it was a replacement regulator.

I'm going to have Kamakazi headers and cat - with a uni muffler, 2.5" for that later turbo, K&N cone intake, bolted to the MAS. My Stock CAI is 3.5", Plastic. but I think it will do for a little while - Not going for looks.

Another thing that is bothering me is the Magnacore wires, We only need two - very short cables, so why do they cost so friggin much $78.00 to me that is just rediculous. I'm a studio engineer by trade, so I know my stuff about wires, and in general I agree with good wires on conventionl systems - 12" or greater. The longer the wire, the more resistance it has (at any givin composition or guage @ temp) So unless you can swear to me you've seen Dyno verified gains by swapping out our little wires - I'm not going to trow $78 at it. maybe $25 , but not $78!!!!

Black2k1GTZ
    Heres the link. http://www.visionimports.com/FPR.html

As for the wires...you really wont get more than 1 or 2 hp out of them...but by causing a bigger spark it causes better combustion and when with an upgraded set of spark plugs it allows the engine to run better. Its hard to explian...maybe someone else can do a better job...

Marc :mg:

I'll be installing this rising rate FPR next weekend hopefully, if it gets here. David Thomas at RPW has it on his car and we have discussed its effectiveness. I can't wait to put it on my car. From what I've learned, If you raise your idle pressure rate to the 40's (PSI) it should eliminate any flat spots in your fuel curve, which I'm currently experiencing at the top end since I installed the headers. As with anything I put on my car, I'll prove it at the track and post the results here. Here's another link to the RPW FPR from one of their other dealers, APParts. Good luck CLICK HERE!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

first of all, your stock intake isn't a CAI. its a WAI or a warm air intake. not only does it warms up the air more by sucking it thru a maze of piping, it also quiets the intake down

to answer your question about the spark plug wires, well, first u got the dealer markup, thats alot right there. then u got supply and demmand. i mean magnecor makes quality stuff and if people are willing to pay a number for the wires then they will sell them for expensive. companies do want to make money, the most money that they can.

but also the magnecor wires are better than oem, not only do they provide u with better peformance an engineering, but they also last longer than oem.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

cdaw2001ES
    If I use the Mas adater - Off the mas (3.5") . I have bypassed the "maze". There is only one more small resonator box, at the corner where it turns to hit the TB ., If I put Kamakazi headers, 2.5" Cat and 2.5" Uni Muff, and add the FPR, with some hotter plugs, and *better wires, I think I'll be in good shape, I live in NE Ohio. I will be driving this car in the winter, where it has been known to get -20f at times. If I'm thinking SERIUOSLY about a turbo mod, which like the Kamakazi headers, a true CIA would be a waste

Latin Soul Child
    hey... what was the price on that FPR?... i followed the link... but no prices specified... let me know...

thanks...