The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Want a freshly re-built 4g63t for cheap?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Want a freshly re-built 4g63t for cheap?

www.karking.com

They have freshly rebuilt 4g63t motors with a rebuilt crank for only $1150. Screw JDM motors when you could get a fresh engine for this cheap. THey have a 2.4L DOHC rebuilt motor for $1800 as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about these guys. Worth checking out if your thinking about a swap.

http://www.karking.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=183
    (2.0L 4g63t)

http://www.karking.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=188
    (2.4L DOHC 4g64)
    7g for life!

wow :shock:

now you have me thinking whether i should buy a JDM engine or get this engine.

Good job at finding this seth
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

No questions asked Id get a new motor from karking. Its hard to find a JDM motor for under $1300 that you know is in good condition. You can get a USDM 6bolt for $800-1000 but they are always high miles.

With a JDM motor you will want to replace hte exhaust manifold due to the fact that they are usually cracked. So really the only thing a JDM motor has over one of these is an intake manifold($30 for a 1g) and a 14b($75-150 for a good one). But I would take advantage of the chance to buy a new turbo and get a bigger turbo.

Plus with JDM motors you usually will want to replace the timing belt/pulleys/tensioners which is another $200, with these motors the timing belt and everything is brand new. Quite the steal if you ask me.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Does the 4g63t comes with the turbo? And how hard is this to drop into the 8G?

dude you sold me this motor, i am going to buy this motor and put a 16g in it, also we can put the alternator, ac compresor, and other things from our 64 onto this engine. last thing we dont need a wiring harness from a eclipse since ours all we do is unplug and replug correct me if i am wrong

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does the 4g63t comes with the turbo? And how hard is this to drop into the 8G?</div>
    Its just the complet block and head with timing belt. You will need intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo, knock sensor, cam angle sensor probably, thermostat and housing, random gaskets, injecotrs, fuel rail, and maybe a few more thigns.

Basically, go to a junkyard and grab most of the parts for cheap. Also leaves you alot of room to upgrade. Magnus intake manifold, aftermarket fuel rail, big injectors, tubular exhaustmanifold, big turbo, ect.

And good luck dropping it into an 8g. This motor is flipped 180* compared to your guys.

[Edit]
    And yes you can use your galant alternator, engine mount, power steering pump, pulleys, AC, coolant sensors, exhaust manifold if you really wanted to(I will laugh at you if you leave this motor NA).
    7g for life!

also seth do u know their shipping prices???????

Not sure on the shipping charges. I added a motor to my cart and went to shipping and the optoins were weird. The most expensive was $8.50 haha, not sure whats up with that.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    :shock: :shock: Holy shit!!! :shock: :shock: I'm sold

when is we gon be free????

Yeah i sign up with them and the most for shipping was $8.50 for 3lbs thats kind of weird, i live in miami and thats a long distance from where they are

You should call them up and see. Im sure itis not more then $150-200 as Im sure they have a contract with a shipping company.
    7g for life!

another reason why i need a job :evil: .
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Russian7G
    a little bit offtopic, but somebody told me that 4G64 were only 7 bolt, but a couple of days ago I found 6-bolt '64 crank on e-bay

phizz2k
    Man thats beautiful, If only it came with the turbo and misc parts that go with it. I live here in orlando, fl and its hard to come by turbo's at junk yards.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>a little bit offtopic, but somebody told me that 4G64 were only 7 bolt, but a couple of days ago I found 6-bolt '64 crank on e-bay</div>

There are 6bolt 2.4L blocks, but the engine code is not 4g64. It is a 4gcs or g64b or something like that and they come out of early Honda Elantras.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man Â*thats beautiful, If only it came with the turbo and misc parts that go with it. I live here in orlando, fl and its hard to come by turbo's at junk yards.....</div>

Thats why eBay is your friend! As well as DSMTuners classifieds and DSMTrader.
    7g for life!

Well it will fit in a 4g64 I believe, but they did not make a 2.4L 6bolt 4g64 from my knowledge.
    7g for life!

Russian7G
    what about old JDM Pajeros, were they 7-bolt? some of them had 4G64

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about old JDM Pajeros, were they 7-bolt? some of them had 4G64</div>

In the states, the pajeros are known as the montero.

Russian7G
    i know that. i'm talking about jdm pajeros. i have never heard about monteros with 4G64