The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO HOODS FOR 94-98 GALANT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    whats up guys me and matt have been talking about this EVO CF hood mistery, and i WILL sacrifice my self and i will order the evo hood in like 5 weeks currently saving money for it.

i will keep u updated when i will order it.

jake
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jake26)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats up guys me and matt have been talking about this EVO CF hood mistery, and i WILL sacrifice my self and i will order the evo hood in like 5 weeks currently saving money for it.

i will keep u updated when i will order it.

jake</div>
    may the force be with you

i sure hope it works.. for ur sake
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

on that site if u look up 2g eclipse they list that hood as a bolt on..

sorry guys but i have decided to buy the OEM hood, much cheaper, plus i really dont want to go through all that if the hood will not fit, ( shipping it back and all that crap )

i guess the EVO hood will remain a mistery, unless one of you have the balls to buy it, i sure dont!
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jake26)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry guys but i have decided to buy the OEM hood, much cheaper, plus i really dont want to go through all that if the hood will not fit, ( shipping it back and all that crap )

i guess the EVO hood will remain a mistery, unless one of you have the balls to buy it, i sure dont!</div>

I'm gonna save the money and get it! I'll be the tester, but i just got to save up the money!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Matt you dealt with the guys at Erac1ing, does this guy resemble any of them?

Funny thing, i just tried to go to their sight and it's no longer available. erace1ng.com i believe.

I'm still looking for a cf evo hood for our rides.

hell, i'd be satisfied with just a plain old oem c/f hood.
    Anybody want to sell theirs?
    I'm buying

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

u just want an evo style hood .. guess ill have to make it..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can buy Evo hood vents for cheap, just cust a whole and mold it in, people do it all the time. Just wont be cf. Once you get it molded you could always have someone cover it in cf or have someone make a mold for a cf hood
    7g for life!

yea exept i dont know how to mold.. if i do go that route ill learn it..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I eventually want a OEM style C/F hood. The heavy ass OEM hood would be a decent weight reduction for the front.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    I eventually want a OEM style C/F hood. The heavy ass OEM hood would be a decent weight reduction for the front.
    my sentiments exactly

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Its weired man...I have pondered why the 7g OEM hood is soo heavy? My GVR4 and even my g/f's 8g hoods are lighter by not a little..but a very obvious difference in weight. Oh well...I still want a C/F hood eventually 8)

They told me that they use the random evo hod pic casue it is easier to mantain the website. they said once you buy it they will email you pics. but since they get them from Seibon their having a carbon fiber shortage. Its being used for military only (the same wit VIS). So their out of stock.
    SO they do actually make one 4 our cars

P.S.
    all new carbon fiber will sport the bigger weave pattern, brcause something about the "new" carbon fiber can't woven as tightly.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    ok since we are talking carbon fiber and evo's...

Does the stock Evo VIII wing have a true CF wing, or is it wrapped. I haven't seen one myself, idon't know anyone with one, and don't get by the dealership often. I've got something in mind i want to do.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Gal
    They told me that they use the random evo hod pic casue it is easier to mantain the website. they said once you buy it they will email you pics. but since they get them from Seibon their having a carbon fiber shortage. Its being used for military only (the same wit VIS). So their out of stock.
    SO they do actually make one 4 our cars

P.S.
    all new carbon fiber will sport the bigger weave pattern, brcause something about the "new" carbon fiber can't woven as tightly.
    actually since no one has ever bought this.. that they should have some in stock ya dig?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    ok since we are talking carbon fiber and evo's...

Does the stock Evo VIII wing have a true CF wing, or is it wrapped. I haven't seen one myself, idon't know anyone with one, and don't get by the dealership often. I've got something in mind i want to do.
    I am not sure if the oem one is cf but be careful for look alikes the oem one has the screws in the middle of the side peices the look alikes have them on all four corners

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Real OEM Evo 8 and 9 rear wings are 100% carbon fiber. Even the side posts are C/F..just painted over.

Well i was looking around this post and went to streetconcepts.com. When i went there i went to the carbon fiber hood and on it, it said, discontinued. So it probably was b.s. But someone has told me about a company in switzerland that supposedly makes them. Apparently they made a mold for it and the sell 2 versions on thats carbon fiber that takes a year to get basically and one that they mass produce. So i dont know, ill check up on it and tell you guyz if its true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast