The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Avic n1???

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    jacquesfp

Avic n1???

Does anyone know how to install the avic n1 navigation system and bypass the security for dvds to play while in drive???

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar

Re: Avic n1???

Quote Originally Posted by jacquesfp
    Does anyone know how to install the avic n1 navigation system and bypass the security for dvds to play while in drive???
    I belive it will be the solid green wire you will need to look at the manual. The wire that they specify for you to connect to the e-brake will need to be ground somewhere else.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yes he is correct that is the wire but it will only work if you do not upgrade to the new nav disks as that will intergrate the new gyroscope feature which is nearly impossible to bypass and can harm the unit and will without doubt void the warranty

good luck

if the nav disks were upgraded the only way to watch dvds etc would be to attach an additional dvd player or use the rear view camera method and im not positive on how that works but i know that the writing objects are closer then they appear shows on the screen and can be quite annoying

I have the Avic N-1 in my galant, and if your unit has had the updated map disks installed, you need to send it to pioneer to have them "flash" the hardrive. Otherwise just hook up the solid LIGHT GREEN wire from behind the unit to the black wire and u will be good

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    HOLY.....old post lol

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    HOLY.....old post lol
    and in the incorrect forum. You do not ask questions in the tutorial section. :-?