The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1990 Galant GSX cut off at 4,000 RPM'S

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    90gsx

1990 Galant GSX cut off at 4,000 RPM'S

My car has an eratic idle and when I go down the road the rpm's get to about 4,000 and the car bogs down and wont go past it. But if I hit the gas really hard it will go all the way up no problem (not in gear). sometimes I can get it to go past while driving but most of the time i cant. I have a 90 GSX and the guy that i bought it from told me that it needed an o2 sensor and the car would run great. Since then i replaced the o2 sensor, fuel filter (under the hood), the spark plugs, the idle air controll module, and the thermo valve and a lot of vac hoses, and also the air filter. I had the car checked out and i was told that the fuel pressure is normal (measured from the fuel filter under the hood.) and the car still has the same problem. I have no clue what the problem is and no money for trial and error. Please help...

I will get myself a Data logger if I were you. You will need it in the long run + it's really useful. Ask somebody that knows how to use it if you dont but I would really wanna try to learn it.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

either the timing belt is off, or the ECM has a leaking capacitor, requiring repair or replacement.

90gsx

bad computer

Thank you, i pulled out the computer and found out that it is infact bad.
    Much appreicated though...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah pretty much the same thing was hapenning to my 90 Talon. It took me forever to figure it out. But as soon as I opened up the ECU I could see leaking capacitors actually corroading the board. Crazy stuff.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Probably a good opportunity to modify the ECU if you have a good amount of solid mods.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo