The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo Kit for Audi

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    TGC Regular

Turbo Kit for Audi

How hard would it be to install a kit designed for an Audi in the Galant? The reason I ask is because there is a guy who is selling a kit (not an entire kit, but most of it) for $650. He said it can be fitted to any car, all I would need to do is change the manifold.

This is the picture he sent me

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If its for v6 no way. If its for i4, you might be able to.

The flange on the exhaust manifold is off. The bottum bolts look close, but the top there are two holes drilled for every one below. Our cars are one for one. If you could have a shop cut the old flange off and weld on a the correct one it may work as long as the ports arent too far off which they probably would be...

The other stuff is pretty muchuniversal...

[Edit]
    Only other thing is that the lines might not be the right length, but thats not too bad of a problem.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    The biggest problem with the V6 is that you need to get custom "lower exhaust manifold" piping done. That kit will fit perfect as long as you have the proper piping.

Also 650 sounds like an amazing price.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: Turbo Kit for Audi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>How hard would it be to install a kit designed for an Audi in the Galant? The reason I ask is because there is a guy who is selling a kit (not an entire kit, but most of it) for $650. He said it can be fitted to any car, all I would need to do is change the manifold.

This is the picture he sent me

</div>

The turbo appears to be a standard T3 flange, if thats the case, you can get a manifold and keep that turbo, the wastegate looks like a standard 38mm gate which you can use, the only thing you dont need is a manifold. that is a pretty big turbo too, seems kinda overkill for low boost applications, unless your planning to build the whole engine and get a standalone
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS