The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo manifolds now made for V6!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member

Turbo manifolds now made for V6!!!!!

This is a relativly big development in the world of turbo V6s. I just found out that RPW and Tearstone are both selling turbo manifolds for the V6. As some of you already know, their are about 991345435x10^3124234 manifolds made for the I4 to fit a turbo onto. Now Tearstone/RPW are offering manifolds to fit a turbo onto our V6s. So thats one big ass step closer to helping people turbo their V6s since its a basic bolt on affair.

Goto Visionimports.com > Mitsubishi Eclipse 00+ > Exhaust Components > Turbo Manifolds

http://visionimports.com/eclipse00_turbomanifold.html

Straight from Tearstone:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Just a FYI, I also distribute RPW as well, so I can get those parts for you guys as well. I just don't have my website updated yet with those parts.</div>

BTW They most likely come with a T3 style flange.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    this is huge news indeed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Factory Fans need to be replaced with Thin Line Fans</div>

is that true for the 8Gs? i imagine their engine bays having a little more room than the 3gs
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Good luck, if its made by RPW and you dont live in Australia, have fun waiting months to get their products...
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good luck, if its made by RPW and you dont live in Australia, have fun waiting months to get their products...</div>

No no no, thats the thing. Tearstone said he carries RPW's stuff. Also Tearstone stated that he is willing to sell parts of his kits (I'm talking to him right now about the turbo downpipe).

Either way, it has taken me over 3 months just to aquire all the parts i need. That should be plenty of time to get the manifolds in. And considering that he is the only one that has them...well not a whole lot can be done (except maybe getting them custom made, which would probably be way more expensive).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is huge news indeed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Factory Fans need to be replaced with Thin Line Fans</div>

is that true for the 8Gs? i imagine their engine bays having a little more room than the 3gs</div>

Hmmm didn't even notice that. Though it looks like their talking about the I4???

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good luck, if its made by RPW and you dont live in Australia, have fun waiting months to get their products...</div>
    amen!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is huge news indeed

is that true for the 8Gs? i imagine their engine bays having a little more room than the 3gs</div>

Hmmm didn't even notice that. Though it looks like their talking about the I4???</div>

yeah, i assumed it was for the I4s, can't imagine the V6s have that problems
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i have 2 spal fans that replaced the factory ones, produce more air....more room for the turbo to fit in

how much you guy think it would run to make a custom turbo manifold? id like to see a pic of the manifold this company sells...
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much you guy think it would run to make a custom turbo manifold? Â*id like to see a pic of the manifold this company sells...</div>

Well the manifold looks like its really similiar to the old xtech manis:

As for building them, I would imagine they would cost more than getting them prebuilt since they have to keep testing fitting the and what not. BTW Notice the number of welds on mine (again thats proof of the relative complexity in turns these manis take). Basicly I believe the R&D for these would be more than what they retail at.

BTW Talk to Tearstone about aquiring them. He might a) have the RPW ones in stock, or be willing to sell you a set from his own kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have 2 spal fans that replaced the factory ones, produce more air....more room for the turbo to fit in</div>

Did you stick with the pull types or went to the push?

If it was a company other then RPW I would say yall could get excited but since there track record truely sucks...

i have push fans....they work awesome