The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 gas mileage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    my old v6 used to get like 23mpg all around. did some maintenance, oil change, spark plugs etc etc, got it close to 29mpg before my timing belt decided to start hell.

im making 26mpg on the new engine. not 29 but much better than what it was during the break in.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

City driving, with no more than 20% highway, gives 21-22. Straight highway driving (Sac to LA, about 400 mi.) gives 26, and that's with the AC on and the cruise set to 78.

woodsgalant
    Just took my '99 ES V6 with 130K on a vacation...

Got 28.8 mpg on the way down (530 miles) through some mountains and got an even 30 mpg on the way back up (602 miles) through some different mountains.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>woodsgalant Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:56 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    Just took my '99 ES V6 with 130K on a vacation... Â*

Got 28.8 mpg on the way down (530 miles) through some mountains and got an even 30 mpg on the way back up (602 miles) through some different mountains. </div>

Are you sure you have a V6 and not a Lawn mower engine?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woodsgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just took my '99 ES V6 with 130K on a vacation...

Got 28.8 mpg on the way down (530 miles) through some mountains and got an even 30 mpg on the way back up (602 miles) through some different mountains.</div>

im calling you out.

30mpg and 602 miles. that means you have over a 20 gallon capacity. how'd that happen?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Pinoy wrote:

im calling you out.

30mpg and 602 miles. that means you have over a 20 gallon capacity. how'd that happen?

x2
    Ive got a 2000 with 33k and Im no where near those #s (30mpg)

You must have the Turbonator in there. :laughing:
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    im calling you out.

x2 glad someone else caught that too. i was doing calcs in my head and my brain went ass over teakettle for a second

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsgalant
    Just took my '99 ES V6 with 130K on a vacation...

Got 28.8 mpg on the way down (530 miles) through some mountains and got an even 30 mpg on the way back up (602 miles) through some different mountains.
    im calling you out.

Where does he say that 602 miles was on ONE tank of gas?
    I do find 30 mpg with the V6 hard to believe, though. Constant 50 mph? Maybe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12