The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The New Outlander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>the engine is a new 3 liter MIVEC v-6. Â*
    the trans is actually a CVT trans. Â*Its designed somewhat differently than a lot of CVT trannies in that people dont like the way they "feel", so its designed to mimic a conventional auto with what feels like 6 shifts.
    We havent seen them yet, but it should be a really nice trans.</div>

It's about time they got rid of the damn I4 in a SUV.</div>

well, it IS basically a tall lancer.
    And a 4 cylinder is still the base engine, at least in other countries. I dont know if it will be here. I suspect it shall be. And I also suspect it will be from the line of new "world" engines built with daimlerchrysler and hyundai (which are excellent engines).

[quote="manybrews"][quote="SkylineG1"]
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    new "world" engines built with daimlerchrysler and hyundai (which are excellent engines).
    yes, hyundais are getting better at this.

GPTourer
    I think they can only afford to offer one engine right now, and that's the 3.0L 220hp MIVEC. The 6 speed tranny sounds awesome. But hopefully it will offer at least better mileage over the rAV4 which has like 260+hp and resembles it somewhat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12