The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: greddy profec b spec2

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

greddy profec b spec2

i picked up one for 100 bucks and i was just wondering if anybody on here was using one
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im not, usually too expensive for me to justify. But I would have bought it for $100, nice deal!
    7g for life!

yah i know what you mean retail is like 300 still. my friend is selling parts off his mr2 so he gave me a good price... what are you using to adjust/control boost seth? i have another manual controller that works well but i get tired of having to adjust it under the hood all the time then cheak the boost to make sure its where i want it and if its not i have to adjust it under the hood again and go throught that whole process lol
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just have a cheap MBC off eBay. Im going to get the MAFT Pro though in a few months. It has a built in boost control feature 8)
    7g for life!

if i was running emanage i would love to have one of those
    but other than that its quite a large gadget.
    electronic controllers are great though cause you can have wheel speed dependant gain, so in first gear you can run only 6-10 psi, then in second have the duty cycle upped to 20 psi. that way boost will never overcome your traction. less chance of tires breaking loose.

you can also set a reasonable daily driven boost setting liek 14 psi. then have a 2nd setting available for when you have to teach someone a lesson, or take it to the track.
    most allow you to tune your boost level for throttle position, rpm, and also control the gain(how fast the boost solenoid reacts) allowing you to control how fast the boost comes on or falls off.
    elec controllers are sweet, but costly

Nice find underated.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

oops, i was thinking of the profec e-o1
    those are the emanage controllers.
    the b is still a sweet model. my buddy has one on his 20g gst. workls pretty well actually
    he can jsut press a button and go to a completely different map

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yah the e01 is ideal but i havent gotten my emanage yet i might have to wait awhile right now im still using the safc2 but a member on here just recently got that setup e01+emanage i cant wait to see what type of number he pulls with it

yeah there re other cool features that come with a elec boost controller. like you have a built in digital peak/ hold gauge. that way you never have to takle you eyes off the road and after a run you can push one button and see what the highest amount of boost was during your pull.

and with that more accurate and more functional gauge, you "could" delete another gauge/ gadget from your cabin.

i'm still jealous of seth. wideband a/f ratio, boost level, and egt's all n one super sweet electronic display. all with peak and hold function

out of sight from other drivers, stealthy as hell
    unlike my beacon of a pillar mount gauge pod that beckons every civic with a muffler to rev at me.
    (Thats bad etiquette my friend. gets on my nerves.)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i just got the e-01 for my car

haha you were the member i was talking about i didnt know if you wanted people to know your real name lol dont forget to let me know how things workout on the install of the emanage and e01

just installed the the e-01, it was really easy and works great. I still dont know how to get to the main menu.

lol got ny pics of the screen installed, i think if my water injection kit works the way i want it to im gonna stick with the safc2 but if it doesnt im gonna switch to the emanage and just use a laptop.

but i have a question about the eo1 is there away to hook it up to say and indash screen or do you have to use the display that comes with it cuz i saw the brain unit for 100 bucks somewhere? how big is the screen? is it clear during the day?

u have to use the screen it comes with b/c of the controller. and u can see it very well during the day, and if u get the e-manage u can hook the e-01 to it and tune it with the e-01. the screen is about 5 to 7 inches.

sounds good there is a gs400 with that setup around my area the screen sits on his dash in the corner between the a pillar and the guage cluster so it looks kinf of small so i was just asking... you should get some pics of your install

looks good the screen is pretty big every time i see it on the gs400 it looks tiny... have you got the car retuned yet? haha im excited and it not even my car lol

im waiting on my vacuum manifold to come in today then im gonna install the boost controller and water injection tomorrow on my day offi dont think i will change any setting cuz it depends of if i just the parts for the 5 speed swap