The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Beware, Fake Evo III 16g on the market...

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Beware, Fake Evo III 16g on the market...

http://www.slowboyracing.com/evo3vsgt.htm

Pretty crazy, but if you are thinking about buying an EvoIII off eBay or any other place like that, make sure it says TD05 on the housing instead of EVO III GT.
    7g for life!

rainfever
    thanks for the heads up

Experienced TGC Member
    Damn good heads up.

Just to add to that list...

STAY THE FUCK AWAY (AT ALL COSTS ~ NO EXCEPTIONS) FROM THE FOLLOWING EBAY BRANDS:

1.) SSautochrome (if you purchase anything from these guys, I hope your engine explodes and you die in the resulting fire for supporting their shit)
    2.) XS-Power (not to be confused w/ XS Eng)
    3.) Stone Mountain Racing
    4.) Turbo ZY
    5.) Anything that has a description of "Not made in Cave"
    6.) Down2Turbo (in the past he was supposedly a great seller, now he supposedly selling cheap China-made turbos ~ take a look at his feedback, last dozen or so is all negative)
    7.) ???

edit: Look at what I just found -
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Dear Jack,

We are ZY turbo manufacture in China. We are amazed seeing your comments. Thank you for your info, we will give a high light on this problem.

Yes, we are do the ZY turbo, and we supply more than 1500 kinds of turbos all over the world. According to your info, we think there maybe two situtions: One is that the turbos you bought were indeed manufactured by us two years ago, but now the problem have been solved by us, we have changed a lot this two years,even the GARRET have contacted us recently, we are doing our best to perfect our products, we guarantee the problem will not accur anymore. And the other situation is that the turbos you bought were not produced by us at all, because our market is very big, many chinese manufactures are imitating our brand. Acctually our factory is in FENGCHENG city, LIAONING province of China, but many customers think the zy turbo is from TaiWan, there must be some mistake.

In a word ,thank you Jack. But you know China have been developing,we get progress year by year, we are doing our best to catch us with Garret.If you can belive our progress,please contact us.</div>
    ~ TurboRides

Now this corrolates with what the link you posted above is saying. Their turbo is also from the same exact city in China.

What are the chances of that?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: Beware, Fake Evo III 16g on the market...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.slowboyracing.com/evo3vsgt.htm

Pretty crazy, but if you are thinking about buying an EvoIII off eBay or any other place like that, make sure it says TD05 on the housing instead of EVO III GT.</div>

Its just common sense to verify if its a REAL 16g by making sure the TD05 is branded on the turbo. You are just an idiot otherwise.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i'm looking at upgradeing my engine from the 14b to the 16g or Big 16g. How do i tell the difference. I know no matter what look for the TD05. but how do i tell the difference between 16g and Big 16g.

Experienced TGC Member
    all these fakes items coming to life...... its a damn shame

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm looking at upgradeing my engine from the 14b to the 16g or Big 16g. Â*How do i tell the difference. Â*I know no matter what look for the TD05. Â*but how do i tell the difference between 16g and Big 16g.</div>
    Easiest way to tell is to look at the compressor wheel. Regular or small 16g will have the same single fin wheel as the 14b. Big 16g(and Evo3 I believe) will have a double fin wheel. Its easy to tell the difference between the wheels.

I took pictures of my 14b compared to my old b16g last year, I will see if I can find them. The b16g compressor housing/inlet looks bigger as well.

The 16g series turbos are good turbos. I have a friend with a 2g GST and either a reg 16g or b16g(cant remember) and a stock interal 7bolt and his last pass at the track, he ran a 13.02. He was pissed that he didnt break into the 12s, so dang close though! With a 4g63t Galant with 14b, good driving, good tires/susp, you can make a high 13s pass easily, maybe even a mid 13s pass. It just doesnt have enough top end to pull up top. I still trapped 102mph with crappy tires and crappy launching techniques so its not bad at all
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn good heads up. Â*

Just to add to that list...

STAY THE FUCK AWAY (AT ALL COSTS ~ NO EXCEPTIONS) FROM THE FOLLOWING EBAY BRANDS:

1.) SSautochrome (if you purchase anything from these guys, I hope your engine explodes and you die in the resulting fire for supporting their shit)
    2.) XS-Power (not to be confused w/ XS Eng)
    3.) Stone Mountain Racing Â*
    4.) Turbo ZY
    5.) Anything that has a description of "Not made in Cave"
    6.) Down2Turbo (in the past he was supposedly a great seller, now he supposedly selling cheap China-made turbos ~ take a look at his feedback, last dozen or so is all negative)
    7.) ???

</div>

Well honestly have heard mixed reviews on SSautochrome aka XSpower. I have read and seen the horror stories with their products but then again with every new company with new products their first line of them will have problems. My g/f bought my a XSpower manifold for Xmas last year and I haven't installed it yet because I haven't had time and been reading up if I should. Though lately locally there have been some guys in 1g's and EVO's using the XSpower products and making some amazing numbers and the stuff has been holding up with no signs of failure for a year now. Like my friend Manie he made 400+whp on XSpower manifold, intercooler, and O2housing and its his daily driver and hits the tracks almost every week and constantly tuning his EVO and he hasn't had problems YET. I don't like to knock anything without trying it out first hand (Though there are times there are a exception) but ALOT of people have valid points of view. Here is a post on DSM talk about SSautochrome/XSpower products:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread...ght=ebay+header

There are ALOT of valid points there..but since my g/f bought the manifold for me, I might as well try it out and she is wondering why I haven't installed it yet :oops:

Here is my friend MANIE from the Orl DSM boards that posted his "Route the Success" of his EVO progression:

http://orl.dsmforum.com/showthread.php?t=9478

I was even surprised that Buscher himself uses SSautochrome/XSpower O2 housing on his cars :shock:

I am going to slap the XSpower manifold on the GVR4 and give it a try. I don't plan to use it for a long time since we have plans developing a new setup for the GVR4 at my shop.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm looking at upgradeing my engine from the 14b to the 16g or Big 16g. Â*How do i tell the difference. Â*I know no matter what look for the TD05. Â*but how do i tell the difference between 16g and Big 16g.</div>
    Easiest way to tell is to look at the compressor wheel. Regular or small 16g will have the same single fin wheel as the 14b. Big 16g(and Evo3 I believe) will have a double fin wheel. Its easy to tell the difference between the wheels.
    </div>

14b all same size fins and all 16g turbos have alternating size fins. The only way to tell is to measure the compressor wheel and the turbine inlet size. If you want I'll post sizes later when I have time to look for it.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***