The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Safc 2 install q's/help *answered/pics/dyno*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 81
    Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

Safc 2 install q's/help *answered/pics/dyno*

ive found numerous diagrams on installing the safc 2 but the color of the wires were wrong. i just want to know if anybody has installed one on the 4g64 and what color the wires are any pictures would be helpfull, thanks.

i know everybody and their mama has installed the safc for the 7th gen, any help would be hot.

I'll dig through my computer and see if I can find a picture of when I did this....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll dig through my computer and see if I can find a picture of when I did this....</div>
    thank you. i seen your post over on GF but no real help was found over there.

Experienced TGC Member
    Even though I dont have a SAFC2, I do have the Emanage and their installs are similiar.

A word of advice, DO NOT go by color code alone. This is what I did for my emanage and fucked up some critical wires the first time around. Trust ONLY the service manual.

The colors of the wires on the ECU can differ by model-year, generation, model-type (i.e. 3G ECU vs 8G ECU), emmision specs, and possibly even trim level (i.e. ABS vs non-ABS vehicles).

TGC Regular
    wachya need a fancy shmancy safc for??

Sorry bro but I don't have the pictures anymore. Might have been lost in one of my thousand reformats before I knew better. Take Jet Blacks advice though. Don't color code look for the actual pins.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Re: safc 2 install q's/help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive found numerous diagrams on installing the safc 2 but the color of the wires were wrong. i just want to know if anybody has installed one on the 4g64 and what color the wires are any pictures would be helpfull, thanks.

i know everybody and their mama has installed the safc for the 7th gen, any help would be hot.</div>
    Do you have a service manual? Its not hard, look up the wiring diagram, figure out which pin goes to what and splice in the SAFC line. You know which wires are what on the SAFC, just have to look up the ECU wiring. THeres 8g service manuals all over TGC as well. Its only like 8 wires!
    7g for life!

Re: safc 2 install q's/help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive found numerous diagrams on installing the safc 2 but the color of the wires were wrong. i just want to know if anybody has installed one on the 4g64 and what color the wires are any pictures would be helpfull, thanks.

i know everybody and their mama has installed the safc for the 7th gen, any help would be hot.</div>
    Do you have a service manual? Its not hard, look up the wiring diagram, figure out which pin goes to what and splice in the SAFC line. You know which wires are what on the SAFC, just have to look up the ECU wiring. THeres 8g service manuals all over TGC as well. Its only like 8 wires!</div>
    i have the srevice manual for the galant but no wiring diagram for the ecu. i just dont to hook up the wire to the wrong pin.
    tomorrow ill try it again. thanks everybody

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>wachya need a fancy shmancy safc for?? Â*</div>
    :twisted: in time young grasshopper

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the service manual should be your holy grail. it's a bitch to find, but there's an ecu diagram in there with all the pinouts. it took me an hour to find it in mine
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

the service manual for the galant? i have the Haynes manual. would it be in there?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wiring is usually in the very back of those books.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok the wiring diagram is under the PDF file 13B, under page 500 and down.

Open up the PDF file 13B, and do a search for "AKX01368".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok the wiring diagram is under the PDF file 13B, under page 500 and down. Â*

Open up the PDF file 13B, and do a search for "AKX01368".</div>
    english please

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>the service manual for the galant? i have the Haynes manual. would it be in there?</div>

no no the service manual. the big expensive one you can get at the dealership

or find online for free

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok the wiring diagram is under the PDF file 13B, under page 500 and down. Â*

Open up the PDF file 13B, and do a search for "AKX01368".</div>
    english please</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.dnaracing.net/modules.php?op=mo...sdownload&sid=1</div>
    thank you prophet and jetblack.

FYI for future reference on installing A'PEXi S-AFC II, bottom of page 500 in the link above,
    11 is your rpm wire, 41 is your power wire, 42 ground wire, 65 is your air flow signal wire, and 78 is your throttle signal wire. we have no knocking signal.

In the A'PEXi S-AFC II wiring diagram book refer to page 48, terminal drawing M6-b

Your welcome. Just make sure you never make your Galant do this...

:shock:

whaaaaat? only 1039hz on the airflow meter? i've gotten 1300 before :!: :!:

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast