The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Safc 2 install q's/help *answered/pics/dyno*

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 81
    That is what I noticed too when I was in a Cold Air Setup I was lucky to hit 1000. In Shortram I have no problem getting 1300.

One of the unanswered questions. Is it better to have more warm air or less dense cold air. All I could tell you is in shortram I had better response times. So I always keeped it in shortram.

But check out the RPM's lol. I thought the engine was going to break when I did that.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ahh thats not too bad. everyone's slipped into the red a few times. i went up to 6300 for a split second racing some pos integra.

you're turbo now right? all of my experience on friends turbo cars, and my car, is that a cai on a turbocharger hurts performance. my friends A4 1.8T, saab 93, eclipse gst, my car, we all tried a "cai" alternative, and the car was sluggy and the turbo wasn't as peppy as usual.

i say the oem route with a cone filter is the best for turbos on our cars. i just have the simple metal 2g intake pipe with a 4.5" cone filter. can't breathe any easier than that i guess
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    6288RPM? Whats the 8g rev limit? Its 6200 in 7gs...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh thats not too bad. everyone's slipped into the red a few times. i went up to 6300 for a split second racing some pos integra. Â*

you're turbo now right? all of my experience on friends turbo cars, and my car, is that a cai on a turbocharger hurts performance. my friends A4 1.8T, saab 93, eclipse gst, my car, we all tried a "cai" alternative, and the car was sluggy and the turbo wasn't as peppy as usual. Â*

i say the oem route with a cone filter is the best for turbos on our cars. i just have the simple metal 2g intake pipe with a 4.5" cone filter. can't breathe any easier than that i guess</div>

Car is gone bro. I never got the chance to install my turbo. I was sitting on the all the parts and saving for the piping to be done. It never happened. :cry:

That is the only reason why I am thinking of getting another Galant but I don't think I am. The minute you see my turbo parts for sale then you know I am definatly not getting another Galant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>6288RPM? Â*Whats the 8g rev limit? Â*Its 6200 in 7gs...</div>

I was told it was 5700 or something like that. I would have to search for my old thread. I think manybrews answered it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>6288RPM? Â*Whats the 8g rev limit? Â*Its 6200 in 7gs...</div>

I was told it was 5700 or something like that. I would have to search for my old thread. I think manybrews answered it.</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...light=rev+limit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh thats not too bad. everyone's slipped into the red a few times. i went up to 6300 for a split second racing some pos integra. Â*

you're turbo now right? all of my experience on friends turbo cars, and my car, is that a cai on a turbocharger hurts performance. my friends A4 1.8T, saab 93, eclipse gst, my car, we all tried a "cai" alternative, and the car was sluggy and the turbo wasn't as peppy as usual. Â*

i say the oem route with a cone filter is the best for turbos on our cars. i just have the simple metal 2g intake pipe with a 4.5" cone filter. can't breathe any easier than that i guess</div>

Car is gone bro. I never got the chance to install my turbo. I was sitting on the all the parts and saving for the piping to be done. It never happened. :cry:

That is the only reason why I am thinking of getting another Galant but I don't think I am. The minute you see my turbo parts for sale then you know I am definatly not getting another Galant.</div>

aw shit this is horrible news. lets hope we dont see those parts for sale then......might have some stuff i'd want though :twisted:

sorry to hear though

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh thats not too bad. everyone's slipped into the red a few times. i went up to 6300 for a split second racing some pos integra. Â*

That is the only reason why I am thinking of getting another Galant but I don't think I am. The minute you see my turbo parts for sale then you know I am definatly not getting another Galant.</div>

aw shit this is horrible news. lets hope we dont see those parts for sale then......might have some stuff i'd want though :twisted:

sorry to hear though </div>

Bro I have been watching your build and I must say I am impressed. And I am sure there are parts alot of people would want from my kit I was building

By the way are you still running that Pacesetter mani and how is it holding up?

..and get rid of that 13g.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bro I have been watching your build and I must say I am impressed. Â*And I am sure there are parts alot of people would want from my kit I was building Â*

By the way are you still running that Pacesetter mani and how is it holding up?

..and get rid of that 13g. </div>

still on that pacesetter. i wrapped it in exhaust wrap and i think it loves it.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Just to point out, the engine will rev up to 6500 a few times in a row when you disconnect the battery. When it gets all your shift points set, and your flooring it without holding down the gear, it will go all the way up to 6000. And when you do hold it in gear it will hit 6250.

Though this is all for the 6.

BTW Prophet, what happened to your car man?

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    its in right now, that thing is a beauty! now to get a dyno and have it tuned.(anyone want pictures?)

id say my car is about 80% done, i still got an evo wing, NX kit and 5 speed tranny swap. hopefully the wing and nx kit before the meet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>its in right now, that thing is a beauty! now to get a dyno and have it tuned.(anyone want pictures?)

id say my car is about 80% done, i still got an evo wing, NX kit and 5 speed tranny swap. hopefully the wing and nx kit before the meet.</div>

Cool! I would like to see where you mounted it.

Jet.... my ride got a love tap from a truck. I didn't want to rebuild so I just let it go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>its in right now, that thing is a beauty! now to get a dyno and have it tuned.(anyone want pictures?)</div>

tuned why? you're turbo already? when was i notified?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'> anyone want pictures?
    </div>

uh did you even need to ask?

lets see em. <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>NOW!</span>

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    sorry for the darkness its rainy outside...

the beast :twisted:

Nice i put mine here
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your welcome. Â*Just make sure you never make your Galant do this...

:shock: Â*</div>
    O yah look waht I did today:

Check out that airflow
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your welcome. Â*Just make sure you never make your Galant do this...

:shock: Â*</div>
    O yah look waht I did today:

Check out that airflow </div>

lol man that is no comparison. You have a turbo and manual. That is some good numbers though. How the hell did you hit 7520?

Dunno, I thought the 2g ECU rev limit was 7500, but I didnt feel the limitter. Although I was spinning tires through first without a working tach haha!
    7g for life!

1721 :shock:

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast