The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The best Intake out there is....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get a MAS adaptor and a K&N cone filter, install them properly and securely, and call it a day.

I don't think an INJEN or AEM filter is going to perform very much better than the above setup. Hell, there are still people doing the ghetto flip box mod.</div>

Actually, i would say 4get the mas adaptor and get an intake with that turns downward, like the aem and injen intake. that way the filter (K&N) will be right at the fog light housing and if u have aftermarket fog lights there will be a clean shot for air to get to the filter making it the freshest and coldest air possible... last time i checked that was the purpose of the intake.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsuree8thgen)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get a MAS adaptor and a K&N cone filter, install them properly and securely, and call it a day.

I don't think an INJEN or AEM filter is going to perform very much better than the above setup. Hell, there are still people doing the ghetto flip box mod.</div>

Actually, i would say 4get the mas adaptor and get an intake with that turns downward, like the aem and injen intake. that way the filter (K&N) will be right at the fog light housing and if u have aftermarket fog lights there will be a clean shot for air to get to the filter making it the freshest and coldest air possible... last time i checked that was the purpose of the intake.</div>

Very true, a short ram intake compared to a cold air is very different. The short ram will be sucking in warm air from the engine bay where the cold air that sits away from the engine and breathes much cooler air. The cold air is the way to go. I have the AEM, but I've seen the ebay ones and they don't look all that bad. Just depends on what you're willing to spend. A K&N filter may not last forever, but it will last longer than the car will.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

The other advantage of the AEM or Injen is that they come with a CARB sticker, although only Injen has one specifically for the I4 Galant.

i can say that im on my second weapon r intake.. and i love both of them.. the only reason i got rid of my first one was cuz i changed the color of my car.. and i came across another one for really cheap..
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

ok say u get a cold air intake when it rain don't it suck water and mess up

2010 Evo Gsr
    2001 GTZ
    1999 eclipse sold
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633489

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redgalant1)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok say u get a cold air intake when it rain don't it suck water and mess up</div>

i've had this problem b4 and as long as u don't get ur whole fliter plunged in the water ur ok. and talkin bout filters, you dont' need branded once like some of us think. what ever makes ur engine get more free and cold air should be the best. i guess they're kinda like mufflers, alldepends on the sound that you like but no specific, or drastic hp gains. i've been to 3 filters thinking more expensive the better but things don't work that way. now i got me a sponge type and it work great.

i think im stick with a short ram anyhow anybody know if this is real injen product not the boolegd one a good buy or buy straight from the company
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INJEN-SHORT...047299522QQrdZ1

2010 Evo Gsr
    2001 GTZ
    1999 eclipse sold
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633489

kurumamotoring is pretty good. I think quite a number of TGC'ers bought from him (muffler, Tein springs, intakes). His prices are very competitive and shipping is fast.

A wet throat is a possibility with the cold air. Not a guarantee but a possibility.

Im going with the Injen Shorty. Easy install and who knows I might gain 10% of the 10-20 horses promised. : )

Jokes aside. Pick one from the big boys AEM, Injen, WR, KN and believe that the difference will be minimal but probably above stock.

Just a suggestion cause no one seems to have dyno proof of the differences.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS2000
    A wet throat is a possibility with the cold air. Not a guarantee but a possibility.

Im going with the Injen Shorty. Easy install and who knows I might gain 10% of the 10-20 horses promised. : )

Jokes aside. Pick one from the big boys AEM, Injen, WR, KN and believe that the difference will be minimal but probably above stock.

Just a suggestion cause no one seems to have dyno proof of the differences.
    by WR do u mean weapon r ? that is definately not one of the good intakes.
    K&N doesn't make any intakes for us, unless you're talking only about the filter
    Your signature is too long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12