The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Water/Alcohol injection

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Water/Alcohol injection

is anybody here using it i know ripp sells a kit for it with their sds system but is anybody using it? i would like to see where you guys have your components setup im done putting together my kit and will probably install it this week if nobody has pics i'll most likely take some during the install
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

the kits only give u about 5 whp and 4 tq. its not worth it for the money.

i am almost positive that vegasmatt was running that setup at one time or the other. you might want to ask him.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'>the kits only give u about 5 whp and 4 tq. its not worth it for the money.</div>

Not quite...

The fact of the matter is, I would personally LOVE to go water injection if I could. The benefits of water/meth are (imo) much greater than that of the FMIC. Between the fact that it can substantially lower intake temps, as well as effectivly increase octane, it already outweights an IC of any sort.

And also a WI system generally costs less than a name-brand IC kit.

The biggest downfall with WI is the fact that you always run the risk out using up your water supply at the wrong moment (top of 3rd, 6200 RPM, full boost, and BANG). Though this is fairly rare, and a simple check of the water level is all thats needed (another great thing is that it can use regular old coolant, which is fairly inexpensive).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'>the kits only give u about 5 whp and 4 tq. its not worth it for the money.</div>
    water injection kits aren't really to increase hp directly.
    they are used raise the effective octane value of your fuel. not like an additive or anything it doesn't actually raise the octane value, but it decreases knock by cooling the intake charge. The vapor also cleans and cools the combustion chamber. allowing for more effiecient combustion and decreasing predetonation.
    so if the kit alone won't give you much hp, the true gains will be realized by the capability of running higher boost levels on pump gas. works great by itself, and even better when combines with an intercooler.

i have been thinking about getting a h2o injection setup after i ditch my mas for a speed density setup that i'm getting next week.

i've seen some great prices for already pieced together kits on ebay

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*(another great thing is that it can use regular old coolant, which is fairly inexpensive).</div>
    i would use windshiel washer fluid instead of coolant, even cheaper and already a nice mix of water/alky

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*(another great thing is that it can use regular old coolant, which is fairly inexpensive).</div>
    i would use windshiel washer fluid instead of coolant, even cheaper and already a nice mix of water/alky </div>

lol thats what i meant. Hmmm I wonder what coolant would do for the combustion process...

i plan on using dentured Alcohol and distilled water in a 20/80 mix mostly to prevent knock and try to run 15psi sometimes ive got an electronic boost controller with 2 setting so one for daily driving and the other for when i gotta teach someone about the galant. the water also cleans the combustion chamber form carbon deposits so thats a good thing. also since i have the safc2 which has an effect on raising timing the added alcohol will help prevent detonation.

i read somewhere that vegasmatt took off his sds is that true? i will try and pm him about the water injection tho thanks
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    i plan on using dentured Alcohol and distilled water in a 20/80 mix mostly to prevent knock and try to run 15psi sometimes ive got an electronic boost controller with 2 setting so one for daily driving and the other for when i gotta teach someone about the galant. the water also cleans the combustion chamber form carbon deposits so thats a good thing. also since i have the safc2 which has an effect on raising timing the added alcohol will help prevent detonation.

i read somewhere that vegasmatt took off his sds is that true? i will try and pm him about the water injection tho thanks
    Im actually running Meth Injection on my EVO motor although I havent installed it yet. The meth injection is well worth it, a complete kit runs about $500 new or they can be had used for about $350. The kit i have is from SMC. I know most people think $500 is steep, however this is truly an all inclusive kit. It comes with all the hoses, fittings, brackets, hardware, a crazy powerful pump, relays, wiring, and your choice of either a 1 gallon under the hood tank, or a 1 or 3 gallon trunk mounted tank. and wait.....the best part is it has an Electronic controller that has an LED display, mounts inside the car. It shows when the pump is on, when its off, it tells you if there is a problem and it has a warning light to tell you when your meth level gets low. This kit lets you use any mixture, meth, alcohol, water, a mixture of meth/water, alky/water, etc. I know a guy running an EVO motor, he has cams, GT35R turbo, Alky Injection and a standalone. Made 535whp on 93 octane at like 30psi. I would definetly say anything that lets you run 30psi on 93octane is something you shoud buy. Especially for people with stock motors like galants. You can run about 15psi with alky injection and an FMIC on stock internals
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Def worth it!!! I'm using it and I def feel a big difference in power compared to when its filled and when its empty. I use Pre-Stone De-Icer but a lot of stores are sold out and don't have anymore because its not winter yet!!!! Damn it!!! :cry:
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

would it be possible for you to take some pics of where the components are installed im done piecing my kit together i just need some ideas of where the stuff should go lol

If you still need those pics let me know?
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

yah if possible could you email them to me and i'll host them and pout them on here or you can post them on here if you want