The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Won't Start(electrical problem)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit013

The part number is MD375920.
    Ok. You win.

i guess you guys don't read sigs anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rhema83
    Galant ES 2.4
    i4 for sure. no distributor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

That was funny, pinoy...

You are not going to believe my story. I called up the used car dealer that sold me the car. After some pressure, the mechanic revealed that there was a "secondary alarm" in my car. :shock:

When I heard that, I was pretty pissed off. I can probably assume that the previous owner installed an aftermarket alarm. When the car was repossessed, the dealer did not disassemble it properly. However, how the alarm activated and disabled my car - if that's really the cause of this "breakdown" - is a complete mystery.

I am going to tell my mechanic about it first thing in the morning on Monday. If it really turns out to be the cause, I am going to kick the dealer's sorry ass! :evil:

Yeah... I'm illiterate. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Update: I just got the car back. The used car dealer will have a lot of explaining to do! :evil:

1) Old aftermarket alarm was neither hooked up properly nor disassembled completely. It somehow grounded the ignition and prevented it from firing. :shock: My mechanic spent quite a bit of time to isolate the old alarm and make the ignition fire again, but it would take much longer to disassemble the entire system. He decided that I should leave it unless something similar happens, because labor cost is going to rape my wallet. I think I am going to get it out when I decide to fix on a remote start or something.

2) Power steering fluid reservoir was previously split into halves :shock: and glued back together. Fluid was leaking and making a mess. I got it replaced with an OEM part that I ordered online for 20% of the dealer price.

3) Windshield washer system was clogged. The reservoir has two huge cracks in it. A squirrel can probably climb through them. No wonder dirt was getting in. Luckily I was expecting something like this to happen 8) and ordered an OEM replacement along with the p/s reservoir.

There is no such thing as a "steal" or a "good deal". I thought I got myself the 8G at a bargain, but I still end up forking out $$$ to fix the lurking problems. Plus the feeling of having to borrow your friend's car, when yours is in the shop for some stupid problems, really sucks! :?

sounds like your car has been in a wreck before and was cheaply fixed.
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FRCFD6)</div><div class='quotemain'>sounds like your car has been in a wreck before and was cheaply fixed.</div>

I suspected it, but I did a carfax on my 8G before buying it and there was no report of major damage, only one minor "collision" some time last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12