The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cigerette Lighter

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    BEAST

Cigerette Lighter

I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. I bought my car without one accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Anyone know of an easy way to do this?

Re: Cigerette Lighter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. Â*I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. Â*The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Â*Anyone know of an easy way to do this?</div>

I'm not sure what you're looking at here but a cig. ltr. should just take a 12-volt source. The positive should go to the center contact in the lighter socket and the edge is the ground. All you have to do is run a 12-volt fused source to it.

If you need to make the hole to put the lighter in, make sure you measure the diameter carefully and I'd find a way to mark a circle on where you want it. Then I drill a big whole and route out the width of the hole until I get close to the marking of the circle. Don't rush this step and keep trying the fitment of the lighter until it's perfect and tight to the fit.

Good luck.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

BIGLOU75

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. Â*I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. Â*The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Â*Anyone know of an easy way to do this?</div>

What the hell did he say?!??!?? :? :? :?

LOL

BEAST
    I got a hole for a cigerette lighter, but when I bought the G the lighter itself wasn't connected and was in the glove box. I got my subs installed a few months ago and I think that they taped the 12V wire up to the rest of the wires back in the console. I couldn't find it and had a hard time looking for it because I couldn't get the main plastic side cover off. I could get the bottom smaller one off but not the big main one. Anyone know how to take if off?

just get a new one and hide it so only u can use it all it needs is a pos and neg dont it get a new one

queball

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLOU75
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST
    I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Anyone know of an easy way to do this?
    What the hell did he say?!??!?? :? :? :?

LOL
    Thats exactly what im saying WHAT the hell did he say??

BEAST
    Well thanks to unclesteve here at TGC for helping me get my 12V outlet put in. I made the mistake of trying to go in from the side when I should have just gone in from the front like I was putting in a new head unit.