The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust or Drop?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    offset means how far the face of the wheel is from the middle of the wheel. if you took a cross section of the wheel, a 0 offset would be like __|__ if you can understand that pic. while a +46 offset might look like ___|_ with the | being the face of the wheel. that means it is 46 mm away from the center.

stock wheels are 5.5 inches wide and +46 mm offset i believe. so if you got a 7.5" wide wheel with a +46 mm offset, you would be adding an inch to each side of your stock rims. but if you look inside your wheel well, you can see that its already pretty close to rubbing the inside suspension parts. by getting a 8.0" wheel with a 46mm offset would probably start rubbing on the insides. so it would be better if you went with a lower offset, bringing the wheel out more. this will probably start rubbing on your fenders but its better your fenders than the suspension.

actually, offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. not the face.

here's a picture to show you what it is

also stock wheels are 6 inches wide.

also if you look at this picture

he can still tuck the wheel. he might have to cut or bend some of the lip but it can tuck.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

leadfoot
    drop it again like everyone else says. i got rims and exhuast on mine and ive been wanting to drop it for the longest. everytime i get close to buying my struts something always comes up. :evil:

Apex_$hocky
    doesnt that mess up your ride when you drop them?, my cuz had a 1992 corrolla and he drop it and it was the worst thing he did you felt every bump on the road!.

if you do it wrong it messes up you ride. but if you do it right the first time you should be good to go.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Would this be a good buy then for him on his 18's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-AGX-SHO...sspagenameZWDVW

Or would this be the better buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-DAMPER...006204043QQrdZ1

Obviously the coilovers would be sweet but I mean its only a 300 dollar difference for a better ride? LOL...

the first set pissed me off cus i wish they would have had them before thats aq pretty good price but i dont think anyone has tried it.

the teins are known for being great coilovers here the big diference is basically the teins being adjustable i think either one would be good
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

This is what I would do. I would get som ground control coilover springs with the GR-2 shock/struts. The cost is about 500-600 dollars. The last time I looked I saw the GCs for $299 and the GR-2s for like $260, but I dont remember where. Tein coilovers are the better choice but I have not heard any complaints from the many members that chose the combo of GCs and GR-2s. If you got big bank go wit the tein coilovers if you are on a budget go with Ground Controls and GR-2s.

Back from the dead!!!

GC Coils are a great choice and arent cheap... just make sure you go ahead and get the shocks when you get them installed....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12