The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: removing the dash and center console

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    JSTATL

removing the dash and center console

Can anyone tell me how to remove the center console and the dash board in my 01 G. I want to take both sections out and dye the vynal to match the exterior color of the car.

Help ya boy out.

Pics would be most appeciated

Experienced TGC Member
    The center console pops right out (the trim atleast). The dash has a bunch of screws all over the place.

This is one of those times that the Service Manual is actually useful.

here's a post by Censee this should help you out
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=34144
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

JSTATL

center console

how about the center console how in the heck can i get it up and out of the car?

center

there are two screws under the rubber piece in the litte compartment under the armrest and i believe there are some screws also by the shifter so i believe you have to take the shifter off too
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

What year is that salvage galant you have? I need a new backseat ☺

i need a dash replacement for a 2000 galant es and a trunk tire cover and maybe a full wheel

I'm not familiar with the dash part, but the trunk tire cover (hope that's what I'm thinking about), I remember seeing a post that the 7g part has the exact same size, and that also comes with a tool compartment, which should be awesome!
    (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ver!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'll say the cheapest option is find it from your local junkyard (cross the finger you can find the right car there), if not there's also chance that some dealer may still have it NOS, but that won't be cheap, that's what I did before I knew about the junkyards :( I think I spent like $70 just for that piece of wood board... But at least it works fine :)
    Last edited by yhkwok; 02-05-2017 at 12:39 AM