The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock Speaker Wires or New ones?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    2_blue

Stock Speaker Wires or New ones?

So finally I got all my music equipment out of my 1g DSM and am getting ready to install it all in the Galant. I have: Alpine 9833 head unit, Alpine V12 5-channel amp for the speakers, 6.5" Polk Audio component speakers for the font, 5.25" Infinity Reference components (that I'm going to install on the rear deck), JL Audio 12W6v2 sub, and JL Audio 500/1 amp for the sub.

I have already purchased the wiring harness. My question is if I should run all new speaker wires throughout the car for the new speakers or should I just use the stock speaker wires and cut off the clips for the stock speakers? Will the stock wires be good enough for 75W - 90W (RMS)?

Also, whats a good place to mount the capicitor if I want to install the amps under the font seats? (saves me a lot of wiring and hard work as compared to installing them in the trunk.

Thanks for the help.

2_blue

I forgot to mention ...

I don't have the Infinity system in my car. Its a 2002 ES 4-cyl.

Re: Stock Speaker Wires or New ones?

Quote Originally Posted by 2_blue
    So finally I got all my music equipment out of my 1g DSM and am getting ready to install it all in the Galant. I have: Alpine 9833 head unit, Alpine V12 5-channel amp for the speakers, 6.5" Polk Audio component speakers for the font, 5.25" Infinity Reference components (that I'm going to install on the rear deck), JL Audio 12W6v2 sub, and JL Audio 500/1 amp for the sub.

I have already purchased the wiring harness. My question is if I should run all new speaker wires throughout the car for the new speakers or should I just use the stock speaker wires and cut off the clips for the stock speakers? Will the stock wires be good enough for 75W - 90W (RMS)?

Also, whats a good place to mount the capicitor if I want to install the amps under the font seats? (saves me a lot of wiring and hard work as compared to installing them in the trunk.

Thanks for the help.
    stock should be fine.