The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Members Videos...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Showing results 161 to 172 of 172
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I have a huge ass 7cm turbo housing from Bullseye, and turbo spool up depends on the size of the turbo housing. If I used 6cm housing the spool up will be around 2500, just like any 14b on 4g64. I remember /Laxinwarrior/Joe's turbo spooling at 3500 and he had the same housing as I have, but with 50 trim instead if 16g.
    forgot you had that housing, but spool shouldnt be that far off for a 16g.. for a 50 trim yes but not a 16g
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You don't get it. turbo exhaust housings have numbers 0.42 , 0.48, 0.63, 0.76, 0.98 and many other. The smaller the number is the faster the spool up will be at lower RPMs, the higher the number is - turbo will spool up at higher RPMs. Now with that said, if i put a 14b cartridge on 0.98 housing /although i doubt it will fit/ it will still spool at 8-10k RPMs. And if I put a 70 trim turbo on a 6cm housing it will spool at 2500 RPMs, because the housing is designed to rush more exhaust gases thru the fins and make it spin faster.

The cold side of the turbo has number too, identical to the exhaust numbers. For the cold side these numbers mean the turbo will be out of its power range and CFMs it supports /runs out of boost/. a 14b which has a number of 0.42 I think and will make that much boost at these RPMs before the map starts going down /it ran out of air/
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    You don't get it. turbo exhaust housings have numbers 0.42 , 0.48, 0.63, 0.76, 0.98 and many other. The smaller the number is the faster the spool up will be at lower RPMs, the higher the number is - turbo will spool up at higher RPMs. Now with that said, if i put a 14b cartridge on 0.98 housing /although i doubt it will fit/ it will still spool at 8-10k RPMs. And if I put a 70 trim turbo on a 6cm housing it will spool at 2500 RPMs, because the housing is designed to rush more exhaust gases thru the fins and make it spin faster.

The cold side of the turbo has number too, identical to the exhaust numbers. For the cold side these numbers mean the turbo will be out of its power range and CFMs it supports /runs out of boost/. a 14b which has a number of 0.42 I think and will make that much boost at these RPMs before the map starts going down /it ran out of air/

i do get it, but u never mentioned the exhaust housing number.. i know its larger and i know bow they work.. like i know the 14b on my car will run out of air up top as it can only flow so much before it chokes itself 405 cfm to be exact and i know that the larger housing slows spool, but i didnt think that it would be that great of a difference as it is still a 16g.. it must really struggle to pressurize the exhaust housing as its still a higher compression motor and a relatively small turbo
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Hereis dyno vid of my car...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwMSe13XXI

this was the 1st run retuning the car from 110 leaded race gas to e85... that run was 414hp (low reading mustnag dyno) after about 10 more runs made 440... 1000cc injectors maxed out. For the hell of it last week dynoed on a dynojet and ended up at 492whp... btw on 110 the car made 523 (dynojet). Thats a super conservative tune only on 21lbs.

¿ɹoɟ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇsnɾ noʎ pıp ʞɔnɟ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

just bought a vado hd camera it all right i still havent up dated to the latest software for picture quality yet. but heres a pull i did, punched it gradually not from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGXUtEoVCA

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    just bought a vado hd camera it all right i still havent up dated to the latest software for picture quality yet. but heres a pull i did, punched it gradually not from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGXUtEoVCA
    Where did this video go?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

This is me and my 2 brothers coming back from east mod 2010

Last edited by keith6110; 12-31-2010 at 10:45 AM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Where did this video go?
    I took it down ill get better videos up soon. just got a mini tripod and a windshield mount for the cam.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

My brothers gst on the way to scranton.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789