The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best way to remove dealership logo?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Mindless

Best way to remove dealership logo?

Anyone ever done this? I pretty much have an idea about how to do it but I just wanted to hear from someone that's done it first hand.

i shaved all my emblems, dealer logo was first to go

it should just pull off. uhm do it on a hot day and just park ur car in the sun. then for the most part the emblem and the adhesive should come out...if needed get soem goo gone or a hair dryer (if it isn't sunny) to help the adhesive come out...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

MitsuMan
    I riped mine off, slowly thoughin case the paint comes with it, but after like pinoy said make sure its hot and then get some (or at least what i used) was Bumper Stiker Remover, it works like a charm

If you are planning on washing and waxing the same day, use carb cleaner. This will shrink the decal slightly (like putting gasoline in a plastic bowl), this makes the edges wrinkle enough to peel it off.
    (side note) Carb cleaner is also fun to pour on decals found on rice mobiles!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

I peeled mne off @ the desalershp, and handed it back to the detailers

*here ya go*

=0]

but heat guns work, or hair driers...
    and They wont fuck up your paint

also.. if you're careful.. you can use a Razor
    just make sure that area is *CLEAN*
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

You can use rubbing alcohol or acitone. Neither will harm the paint and it will desolve the glue shit on the back of the emblems. Actually be very careful with the acitone though, better yet. Just use the rubbiong alcohol. Or GOOF OFF. Good stuff!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member
    I did my emblems and stuff with Goo-Gone, it even came with a nifty little tool to slide those suckers right off my car Schwoooop!!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Mindless
    Thanks guys...that shit is coming off this weekend.

MitsuMan
    DONT USE GAS!, my buddy took off his clear coat with it

HiperSilver
    ok, do not use carb cleaner, that shit is sooo strong, itl bubble up teh paint, just take a razor blade and ever so slighty try and peel one side off

HiperSilver
    ok, do not use carb cleaner, that shit is sooo strong, itl bubble up teh paint, just take a razor blade and ever so slighty try and peel one side off

dre24k
    i went to pepboys and while i was checking out i saw a razor with a handle.
    i used it to scrape the glue and emblem off with one stroke. it was easy as hell. then i went ot the car to get the shadow effect rinsed off. look at the pic of the tailights.