The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3.8 liter (MIVEC) Cold air intake is out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>has anyone actually SEEN the intake system for the eclipse?

its nothing at all like the galant... its DUAL STAGED (actually has a secondary flapper that opens at high speed to allow more airflow. Â*it flows plenty. Â*sounds pretty good, too.</div>

Is that like in the Eclipse GTS (butterfly valves that open up in the intake maifold to create variable width runners)?</div>

kinda.

its not part of the intake manifold, though. Its part of the airbox (which is rather large).

a vacuum solenoid opens and closes a second opening on the airbox at high RPMs, which coincides with the MIVEC switchover time (I think its 4000 RPM, but dont quote me on that).
    so in essence, the airbox inlet doubles in size. works very nice, so you get the best of both worlds. Quiet normal operation, and increased airflow (and noise) when needed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ^^ha. I was actually looking at that on the dealer and kept wondering what was all those stuff infront of the airbox. I asked the sales guy but he quickly changed the topic and told me that you can get aftermarket CAI for it so don't worry about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^ha. Â*I was actually looking at that on the dealer and kept wondering what was all those stuff infront of the airbox. I asked the sales guy but he quickly changed the topic and told me that you can get aftermarket CAI for it so don't worry about it. </div>The sales guy was probably thinking intake restriction. It sounds like anything aftermarket would reduce H.P. for this car. The Eclipse MIVEC intake is and extremely interesting concept. How the hell this aftermarket intake company extracted 17 H.P. to the wheels is beyond me, unless, unless it is complete and utter B.S. The only intake I heard of, that makes this much power, is Custom Engineerings intake for the Mazda 6 V6. But that comes with a tricked out airflow meter, as the stock mazda's profile was extremely conservative. I bet this intake can help with the 9g Galant V6, if it is the correct fitment. But theres no way I'm going to spend $320.00. If I need a hat and a duffle bag, I'll go to a store and at least get a Shaq or Flash something or another, Damn it!

This Intake Will Not Work For The Galant! I spoke with Ryan At Fuji, and he informed me that the Eclipse intake use a different shaped air flow sensor. He will build one for the Galant soon!

theblackpearl
    found this pic on galant speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Torque&Scoot
    This Intake Will Not Work For The Galant! I spoke with Ryan At Fuji, and he informed me that the Eclipse intake use a different shaped air flow sensor. He will build one for the Galant soon!
    Im pretty sure its the same airflow sensor. Can you ask him the part number?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque&Scoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>This Intake Will Not Work For The Galant! I spoke with Ryan At Fuji, and he informed me that the Eclipse intake use a different shaped air flow sensor. He will build one for the Galant soon!</div>

Im pretty sure its the same airflow sensor. Can you ask him the part number?</div> I sure will.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theblackpearl)</div><div class='quotemain'>found this pic on galant speed...

</div> This is the 06 Eclipse MIVEC motor! IT doesn't look like Fuji's intake though. I wonder what it is?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque&Scoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>This Intake Will Not Work For The Galant! I spoke with Ryan At Fuji, and he informed me that the Eclipse intake use a different shaped air flow sensor. He will build one for the Galant soon!</div>

Im pretty sure its the same airflow sensor. Can you ask him the part number?</div>O.K. I just got of the phone with R.T. at Fuji. He wasn't to sure about the airflow sensor being any different, but he was concerned that the intake was designed for the Eclipse only, and that the airflow and fuel mapping was of course different for a car with 32 more H.P.. Basicaly he informed me that he wasn't sure how the intake was going to perform with the Galant, so anyone interested is going to take a chance. R.T. seemed like a heck of a nice guy and took his time explaining their method of producing intakes. They are probably going to develop and tune the intake specifically for the Galant in a few months anyway, but he did say we can try it out as we might get lucky and get a good gain out of it. I did mention the high price for the intake and he informed me that the price was going to drop soon as well. I told him I would wait for one designed especially for the Galant 3.8 liter. On a side note Weapon's secret intake is going to be out in a few months as well, so we will have some competition coming out for our cars in the near future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque&Scoot)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theblackpearl)</div><div class='quotemain'>found this pic on galant speed...

</div> This is the 06 Eclipse MIVEC motor! IT doesn't look like Fuji's intake though. I wonder what it is?</div>

Does this help and the intake is made my Ralliart or Mitsubishi.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque&Scoot)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theblackpearl)</div><div class='quotemain'>found this pic on galant speed...

</div> This is the 06 Eclipse MIVEC motor! IT doesn't look like Fuji's intake though. I wonder what it is?</div>

Does this help and the intake is made my Ralliart or Mitsubishi.</div> You certainly fooled me!

Hey Torque&Scoot! Just to let you know, www.worksevo.com is starting to develop products for the 9th gen! if we hassle them a little, they can begin to manufacture decent performance products for our cars!!!

They have in mind springs, exhaust, and other suspension components. Give them a call!!!

Parts!

O.K. Dragon, thank's. I'm going to harass them right now!

cape97
    yeah come on Torque.....stalk them!!!...i know i will ...i live only like 15 min. away from them and my car is the candidate for the springs prototype and maybe more!! ....i have an 05 gts.....

Whats going on Cape97, i have a quick question, were you the one that posted on the evom forums for the 05 galant mods?

anyways, we all need to get up and tell them to start developing parts soon

I already began by sending like 5 different e-mails so far. Once this damn Hurricane wilma passes by, then i'll begin to make phone calls to them!!!

please keep us posted on the springs, take it easy!!! 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cape97)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah come on Torque.....stalk them!!!...i know i will ...i live only like 15 min. away from them and my car is the candidate for the springs prototype and maybe more!! ....i have an 05 gts.....</div>I told them they better start making stuff for the 9g V6, or Im going to start huffing on the exhaust pipes of used fart-can Civics. This was of course a sight that even they couldn't tolerate, so they said they will start making 75 H.P. supercharger kits A.S.A.P. to avoid this abominable act!

cape97
    hehhe lol.....hey guys...yes I AM ARVSHOP on EVOM.net...... I actually spoke to JAmie 2 days ago about the springs and they have a PROTOTYPE FOR US!!! at this time, they're very busy with SEMA and their eclipse so the latest they can get to us is by next week or the 15th of november to be at the latest........ hang in there guys!!! WORKS is coming!!!! I get to test drive with the springs for 2 weeks and tell them how it goes...don't worry I have a lot of experience with ride comfort and handling balance.....I used to own a shop around here thats why they called me first.... my evo B4 went through a lot of suspension tweaking so for sure I will be helping WORKS a whole lot with the development and research.... I will be getting back to you guys as soon as i get to talk to them as early as tommorow!!! let's keep in touch!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cape97)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehhe lol.....hey guys...yes I AM ARVSHOP on EVOM.net...... I actually spoke to JAmie 2 days ago about the springs and they have a PROTOTYPE FOR US!!! at this time, they're very busy with SEMA and their eclipse so the latest they can get to us is by next week or the 15th of november to be at the latest........ Â*hang in there guys!!! WORKS is coming!!!! I get to test drive with the springs for 2 weeks and tell them how it goes...don't worry I have a lot of Â*experience with ride comfort and handling balance.....I used to own a shop around here thats why they called me first.... my evo B4 went through a lot of suspension tweaking so for sure I will be helping WORKS a whole lot with the development and research.... I will be getting back to you guys as soon as i get to talk to them as early as tommorow!!! let's keep in touch!!</div> now that is welcome news! We all will look forward to the updates!

just looking at worksevo website and they got the rear swaybar for the 9g

Rising_Suns
    Edit: anyone try this mod yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12