The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird shaking while cruising at slow speeds ...

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    2_blue

Weird shaking while cruising at slow speeds ...

ok ... when I'm cruising around with the rpm between 2500 and 3000, my Galant, sometimes, shakes ... the whole car. It feels like I'm driving over small soft bumps on the road. At any other speed or rpm the car drives just fine. But this is bothering me now.

I have new spark plugs/cables, new transmission fliud, new air filter (K&N with 10K miles), new timing-belt and all the basic tune up.

My car is 2002 ES 4-cyl ... completely stock. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    you know i had the same problem. before setting up my g, i noticed the same shaking thin @ aroun 2000 - 3000 rpm. i checked on everything that may cause it and found nothin. i found out that my air filter was really worn out that no good air was getting in. that's the time when i went CAI. it's never been the same..... i have more problems now...LOL.. but i like the out put of the car now than when it was stock. do you have the k&n ones where you just replace ur stock ones?

2_blue
    Yep, I have a K&N that replaced the OEM filter. I had a look at it today and its clean as ever. It has about 8K miles on it ... The problem still remains ...

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    doood i'd be lost myself. just bring it in again and have it looked @.