The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interesting: Outlander 4G64 Intake Manifold

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 102

Interesting: Outlander 4G64 Intake Manifold

Saw this on Club3G and thought this was interesting:

Of interest would be to note the larger aluminum intake manifold, that also looks a bit more sturdy at the throttle body *cough*krispy*cough*. Only concern might be hood clearance though. Apparently from the posts on Club3g, it should bolt right up. Anyone want to try it?

theblackpearl
    id try it...

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    :laughing: if i could get my hands on one, id do it. good find

E-REP for you!

loser00
    what year

why would mitsubishi put a 4 cylender engine in an SUV? especally at the crappy hp it gives out

Over there in the EU they put in a I4 as well... the 4g63T... so I guess they figured the 4g64 will be good for us...

here's my friend's Outlander:

http://www.carstyling.hu/car_shower.php?id=4654

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    why would mitsubishi put a 4 cylender engine in an SUV? especally at the crappy hp it gives out
    great fuel economy for all those soccer moms out there who want an suv.

think about it. if you bought an suv to drive the kids to soccer practice, would you want a 4cyl or a v8 that gets 9 miles to the gallon.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    So the awesome people at AMS can swap Evo motors into them haha!
    7g for life!

theblackpearl
    that outlander is pimp..

maximus
    I have the outlander intake manifold,throttle body,fuel rail and injectors on my 2002 4g64 it works just fine and I must say an improvement over stock.

theblackpearl
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus
    I have the outlander intake manifold,throttle body,fuel rail and injectors on my 2002 4g64 it works just fine and I must say an improvement over stock.

how much did it run you?? and where do you see the most gains..torque? or high end power?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the outlander intake manifold,throttle body,fuel rail and injectors on my 2002 4g64 it works just fine and I must say an improvement over stock.</div>
    pics pics

theblackpearl
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the outlander intake manifold,throttle body,fuel rail and injectors on my 2002 4g64 it works just fine and I must say an improvement over stock.</div>
    pics pics</div>

x2

maximus
    I have had the outlander intake manifold on for a while now.I think I paid like 250 for the whole set-up.I would say it improved torque,top end horsepower and throttle response.I don't know how to post pics but if somebody can do it for me send me your e-mail address and I can take some pics when I get home from work at 7pm tonight.Thanks maximus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>why would mitsubishi put a 4 cylender engine in an SUV? especally at the crappy hp it gives out</div>

The Outlander is NOT an SUV. It is an AWD station wagon. Real SUV's have a truck chasis and a transfer case with a low range.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithert)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>why would mitsubishi put a 4 cylender engine in an SUV? especally at the crappy hp it gives out</div>

The Outlander is NOT an SUV. It is an AWD station wagon. Real SUV's have a truck chasis and a transfer case with a low range.</div>

no, real TRUCKS have that.
    real SUVs are anything but.

and the outlander? its in a class I call "sport cutes", along with the RAV4, CRV, and a ton of others. (incidently, almost all of them are 4 cylinders, 'cause theyre all based on car chassis' as is the outlander (Its a lancer)).

maximus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have had the outlander intake manifold on for a while now.I think I paid like 250 for the whole set-up.I would say it improved torque,top end horsepower and throttle response.I don't know how to post pics but if somebody can do it for me send me your e-mail address and I can take some pics when I get home from work at 7pm tonight.Thanks maximus</div>

Here are the pics I took of the intake manifold.I hope they come out this is my first pics I have posted.I also just recieved my cmf header and will be installing it soon.Once I get the timing belt done and the custom camshaft installed I will be dynoing the g.Thanks for looking maximus

Got your email - here are bigger links (Click thumbnail) if you guys want:

I see you've got a couple other goodies hooked up in there as well 8)

damn i am on this hahaha thanks len and maximus ive been looking for pictures of cars with the manifold installed but with no luck now i just need to find one in my area
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

maximus
    Thanks guys,I have a few other mods and some still waiting to get put in.If you are going to do the outlander intake manifold make sur you use the 2003 non mivec intake manifold.I would also reccomend the following.
    Intake manifold,throttlebody,fuel rail,fuel injectors,throttle position sensor,intake manifold bracket,throttle cable,and all egr connections this will make your install a lot easier.Thanks again maximus

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast