The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interesting: Outlander 4G64 Intake Manifold

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 102
    whats the price on those manifolds i think 200 for the outlander manifold is alor more doable for most people... price is why the eclipse guys werent buying not quality
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    whats the price on those manifolds i think 200 for the outlander manifold is alor more doable for most people... price is why the eclipse guys werent buying not quality
    and the outlander manni comes w/ a 60 mm throttle

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i fell victim to the broken manifold tonight so i'm ordering the outlander one tomorrow

let me get this straight before i do tho... i will need to get
    manifold
    thorttle body
    fuel rail
    FPR
    ALL sensors
    support bracket
    throttle cable
    egr lines

maximus if you could take some more pictures of the fuel rail and a view of the top and back of the manifold? it would be a great help
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

this is a good time for you to upgrade to an adjustable regulater man.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i think maximus is getting rid of his G, maybe I'll take the whole outlander setup off of his hands

Hey Brandon, Have you talked to Tearstone? RPW is looking for a tester for their 4G64 Intake manifold.

naw i havent heard anything about that in awhile i would love to test it out but i need it soon and cheap which i doubt is possible i'll try and contact him to see what the terms are. thanks for the heads up Len

theblackpearl
    wait so are you going to go to the meet still brandon?

noo. maximus is getting rid of his G? why? i was looking foward to hearing his #'s when he dynos it. he was the first i4 here that was going all motor.

maximus
    Sorry guys I already sold the g.I traded it in with the outlander intake manifold.I have several parts that I will be selling in the for sale section.I just have not made a list yet.I traded the g for a 05 colorado extreme.I needed a truck.If you need any info on the outlander manifold just send me a pm and I will do my best to help you out.maximus

hey maximus i statred the install today im almost done but i have a few questions...

how did you reinstall the oil dipstick? did you use the outlander one or the galant?

the tps wires have to have to be extended right? do any other?

maximus
    I just bent the galant oil dipstick out to one side.I did not bolt it back upto the manifold.There is a bolt on the bottom that holds it in place.Yes the tps wires have to be extended and you will also have to extend the egr sensor wires.It is not hard at all.I can't wait to here your feedback on it.Let everyone know.maximus

how did you bend it? i noticed that it comes out towards the passenger side instead of towards the firewall now.

did you try to use the outlander tube? because i tried the galant one and it doesnt seem stable to me all thats holding it in is an o-ring lol.

what about the ignition failure sensor what did you do with that i dont see a spot for it on the outlander manifold

maximus
    Is that # 21 or #22 if it is #22 it bolts right on the top if it is # 21 mine did not have that.It looks to me that it is just a support bracket on the manifold for the sensor.I would just zip tie it out of the way.If you have the outlander dipstick I would say use that one because it will bolt up.If not bend the galant one and zip tie that or find a place to bolt it up.Did you get it running yet?

everything is ready i havent torqued anything down tho im waiting on the dipstick and im gonna port the runners

maximus
    Nice you should notice a big difference over the stock manifold set-up.

i went ahead and finished it up tonight... im just gonna use the galant dipstick tube i bent it to fit and i'll use an "L" bracket to hold it in place.

did you use any type of sealant on the manifold gasket i was told not to by the guys at the parts depo for mitsubishi because the oem gasket already has some type of coating on it.

i should have pictures and everything tomorrow

you really don't HAVE to, but i always put a very thin coating on the side w/o the orange sealant. just cause i run higher pressures athan stock. i want to make sur there is a bond in there that will hold long term.
    it doensn't take much.
    just spread on red or black rtv with your finger.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

maximus
    Its upto you.I used it to make sure everything was sealed up.Dont forget about the thermostat housing.You will need to seal that part as well.I can't wait to hear your feedback on this manifold.I loved mine maximus

ok everything is in and it idles fine BUT when i hold the throttle lever down (right around 4k) the rpms go up and down. any idea what that could be? other then that the manifold is good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast