The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interesting: Outlander 4G64 Intake Manifold

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 102
    still getting the same problem car idles fine right around 7-800 but when i hold the accelerator steady in park the rpms jumm around pretty crazy i checked everything for leaks and there ar none, i changed coilpacks wires and plugs with spare ones i had from my other engine, adjusted the idle screw and tps sensor.

i screwed the ignition failure sensor to the bracket on the valve cover i tried it on the manifold also and no difference

should i swap out the IAC motor too? right now im using the outlander one

i hate problems that dont give a check engine light it would be so much easier if it did
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    my manifold just broke on me...I'm thinking of having this done tomorrow...But i'm not sure if the shop will be willing to do it. Is it pretty straight forward or will i have to do some convincing? I'm no good at that.
    -Pedro

its simple all the parts are a simple swap over and you just have to make 3 connectors longer, and switch the pins on the TPS clip around took me 3 hours total

i will have a full tutorial in PDF format as soon as i finish editing the pictures (by friday)
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

hmm...just got off the phone with the dealership...

Quoted me $2,000 in parts only for...

Intake manifold - $430
    Thottle body - $802
    Fuel Rail - $103
    Fuel injectors- $127 x 4
    Throttle cable - $80
    and he didn't know what i was talking about when i said
    EGR connections and Intake manifold bracket.

I didn't tell him it was for a non-MIVEC though...does that matter?

Where did you guys get your parts?
    did i ask for the wrong things?
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm...just got off the phone with the dealership...

Intake manifold - $430
    Thottle body - Â* Â* $802
    Fuel Rail - Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* $103
    Fuel injectors- Â* Â* $127 x 4
    Throttle cable - Â* $80
    and he didn't know what i was talking about when i said Â*

did i ask for the wrong things?</div>
    you could get every single part you need from a junk yard for 1/4 of that.

for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than that you could have a custom sheetmetal manifold made.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm...just got off the phone with the dealership...

Intake manifold - $430
    Thottle body - Â* Â* $802
    Fuel Rail - Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* $103
    Fuel injectors- Â* Â* $127 x 4
    Throttle cable - Â* $80
    and he didn't know what i was talking about when i said Â*

did i ask for the wrong things?</div>
    you could get every single part you need from a junk yard for 1/4 of that.

for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than that you could have a custom sheetmetal manifold made.</div>

I'm headed to the junk yard now....
    My mechanic was telling me that some junkyards may have it but they won't sell it to me because it's part of the engine.

how do i know if an engine is MIVEC or not? Does that really matter? I though the 4g64 is a MIVEC.
    -Pedro

you need the non mivec parts off of a 03 outlander you can get them from www.car-parts.com. search that site for the intake manifold then call the wrecking yard and tell them you need EVERYTHING that touches the manifold to avoid confusion and downtime when installing it. also tell them to take off the sensors and put them in a bag or small box when shipping it my TPS sensor broke during shipping and the car wont run without either an outlander or EVO TPS the galant one will not work

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    hey fellas kinda old thread i know but wanted to findout how ur manifolds holding up. mr. underated, did you solve the idling? did u find out what it was? just wnat updates cause this is very intresting. also did you guys feel the gains?

Hey dude, since u guys talking about the outlander manifold, check out my 8g, most of the people in the TGC, said it is an outlander manifold, but i comes in my 8g as 'stock'. check the pic.

it's a JDM though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok everything is in and it idles fine BUT when i hold the throttle lever down (right around 4k) the rpms go up and down. any idea what that could be? other then that the manifold is good.</div>

iac out?
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

naw its was the throttle position sensor... you cant use the galant one it has to be either the outlander or and evo TPS they all look exactly the same but the the outlander and evo ones spin oppisite of the galant TPS so i wasnt getting a reading for throttle position from my safc or my data logger. other then that the swap was easy and it is holding up great looks cool too haha

i would definatly reccomend doing the swap you get more torque (tires break loose sooner and longer) and you dont have to worry about the manifold breaking, the new throttle body is 60mm instead of 54mm stock on the galant and everything bolts up like it was meant to be there, not a bad way to spend 300 bucks

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>and you dont have to worry about the manifold breaking</div>
    im hearing that, im now in the market for the fowlowing, Outlander intake manifold, throttlebody, fuel rail, fuel injectors, throttle position sensor, intake manifold bracket, throttle cable, and all tha egr connections.

after my 5th borken(well cracked) one im getting pissed.

$$wow$$

Reply from junkyard: We have a intake manifold non mivec in our yard for 475 (USD). It is in excellent condition. Wow tell me this is high. How much for a new one :?

which wrecking yard did you call? is that a shipped price? what all did you include when you asked them?

LEVYS AUTO PARTS INC
    4131 W. HALLADNALE BCH BLVD.
    HOLLYWOOD, FL 33023
    I asked for everything that was stated a couple post back. No it didn't include shipping... :?

I've got a question... With all the talk about putting the TB from an outlander on our 8Gs, what about the cam. I'm sure that Mitsu put a more aggressive cam in the outlander to properly tune the larger TB. I know that the auto 4G64 has an Intake Duration of 248, Exhaust Duration of 252, Intake Valve lift is .359 amd Exhaust Vavle lift is .370. This is according to RPW's site. It shows that the 4G64 with a manual Tranny has a higher Intake lift, .370 opposed to .359. I have searched and cannot find the specs for the Outlanders cam specs. Anyone have a thoughts?
    '99 ES Fed Spec
    Apexi SAFC
    OBX "R" header
    2.5" header back exhaust
    Dynomax Resonator (replaced cat)
    Bullet style 4" muffler with removable baffle
    Injen CIA
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    NGK wires
    AEM Underdrive Pulleys (Alt, Water Pump)
    16" Alba rims

Interior:
    Leather seats (Aftermarket)
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Pioneer speakers

so its a larger intake manifold ... but the diameter of the throttle is the same...??? hm

broke my second one last week.. spent around 450 installed.. shitt!!!..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>broke my second one last week.. spent around 450 installed.. shitt!!!..</div>

people in cali break em alot

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>broke my second one last week.. spent around 450 installed.. shitt!!!..</div>
    going after my record?

does your timing belt squeel at high rpm's?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast