The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: is this guy full of it or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    theblackpearl

is this guy full of it or no?

i know its long but bear with me please...

okay so i see my neighbor in his garage and ive seen him doing some fiberglassing before but i finally had the chance to ask him about what he's working on..he proceeds to tell me a crazy story how he builds cars professionally and knows all kinds of little tricks and secrets to gain power and so on.. he drives a lancer oz rally edition and apparently he plans to put a wrx drivetrain? and twin turbo's in the car and totally build the motor then run nitrous and be able to boost up to 100psi :shock: now i have no clue if this is bs or what..but dude seems to know what he's talking about generally speaking..might be insane though..anyways he told me that if i was looking to gain some power i should drop my exhaust out and take like a rubber mallet to it and oval it out instead of having it be round..says it creates better backpressure and also creates a vortex of gasses and so on in the end giving me some power gains...he also said something about taking off my intake manifold and where the injectors go in to take an icepick to it and rough it up really well instead of having it be smooth..said this would create a build up of the gas(or a vortex) or something and then force it through the engine or something im not really sure as to what exactly he said..but said if i do those two things i will notice some power gains...now im not about to go take an icepick to my manifold or a mallet to my exhaust but im curious...

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    lol, so you want someone else to be your monkey.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    f!@#$n bs man! talkin bout' exhaust, to make the best exhaust is to take out the exhaust. mufflers are just there to make cars sound better! if you want the power go none on the exhaust. move to another house man. he's corrupted ur mind!

I say go ahead and take an icepick to you shit man. Let us know what happens! If your car gets messed up from it, at least you have an icepick to use on your neighbor for giving you bad advice.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol this guy sounds like a ricer
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

theblackpearl
    lol dude didnt corrupt me or convince me of any of this..i personally thought he was full of shit.

what do you mean krispy?

as he was telling me about the icepick thing i was thinking to myself.."youd have to be nuts to do this"

the guy did have some cool stories ill give him that...

you shoulda offered him to icepick his car lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

im surprised he didnt try to sell you speed holes too 8)

LMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAOLMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAOLMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAOLMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAOLMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAOLMFAO... LMFAO>> LMFAO>> LMFAO

Ohhh shit... I just read that story again and I realized that you were serious... Someone was telling you to take a mallet to your car and stab it with an ICE PICK.. LMFAO... LMFFAO...

OMG.... Cant stop laughing....

Well, you have seen top fuel drag racers right? the ones that put out 7000hp? run 4.5 sec quarter miles? They only run around 50lbs of boost.

he is FULL OF SHIT.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Experienced TGC Member
    Sounds like a total ricer. I've come to the realization that there are far more auto-crackheads than there are people who know wtf their talking about. Within the past month alone, I've talked to no less than 3 people who know just enough about cars to make themselves look like retards.
    Person 1)
    "I have this magazine that has a stock USDM Evo doing 0-60 in like 3 or 4 seconds"
    "OMFG Look at Eclipse" (it was a riced out 3000GT, though no matter how much i tried to convince her otherwise, she somehow figured that since she reads SSC shes a resident expert on all imports)
    "My dads M3 does 0-60 in 3 seconds" (<we got in a big arguement about this; the next day she admitted she was 100% wrong)
    Person 2) "Dude you don't need 91" (this gem knew so little about cars that I couldn't even begin to explain what an ECU was, but again he was the resident expert on octane rating)
    Person 3) "So I fit TWO [2] T88 turbos inside my 3000GT, and I designed the new F430."

None of these people, or conversations are made up in the LEAST BIT. The conversations are truncated obviously, but this is the gist of em. The last guy was my favorite.

Anyways the ice-pick idea has some shred of truth behind it. Without launching into an ill-informed discussion about aerodynamics, I can say that too smooth of surface is most definetly not a good thing.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    I've come to the realization that there are far more auto-crackheads than there are people who know wtf their talking about.
    sadly, this is grossly true. i've only met a few people (in person) that know anything about cars really. i overhear countless conversations and bump into people all the time that really have no clue though....it's really sad.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    I've come to the realization that there are far more auto-crackheads than there are people who know wtf their talking about.
    sadly, this is grossly true. i've only met a few people (in person) that know anything about cars really. i overhear countless conversations and bump into people all the time that really have no clue though....it's really sad.
    Exactly it blows my mind what some of these people think.

theblackpearl
    yeah man my neighbor is nuts..he says he had a cavalier with 500hp that he took to the track on 20'' rims and walked away with the trophy for every class...i was like dude why did you race on 20'' rims? he was like..jsut so everyone would be that much more pissed i beat them..

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I tell you out there you have your Ricer, Wannabees, Speedracers, and Madchanics with all sorts of B.S. stories to tell. I hear but may not listen to half the things that are said and unless its confirmed by more than 3 people and 1 person that has done it, I stand my ground and keep my feet securely planted in the real world. Lesson here is.....Dont always believe what you hear and if you do feel slightly enlightened to believe then make sure you see it up close and personal for yourself before trying anything to your own vehicle.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

theblackpearl
    exactly why i was hella skeptical and asked all sorts of questions to this guy..then i just went on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by theblackpearl
    exactly why i was hella skeptical and asked all sorts of questions to this guy..then i just went on my way...
    Heck, you should tell him "WOW, thanks for the tip! My car goes mad fast now!" then later check to see if he hacks up his car with a mallet and icepick

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingpinoy
    Heck, you should tell him "WOW, thanks for the tip! My car goes mad fast now!" then later check to see if he hacks up his car with a mallet and icepick
    x2

Sammy_ES
    The way your neighbor makes shit up, he kind of reminds of Napoleon Dynamite...

Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
    Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
    Don: Did you shoot any?
    Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
    Don: What kind of gun did you use?
    Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast