The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    well u know what? its all matts fault cuz he told me it was shorter gearing lol
    From 7g to this...

Shot with DSC-T33 at 2007-07-21
    13.1@109 02 WS6

lol
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

theblackpearl
    lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    From my personal experience, I bought a set of 2g Axles. They fit into the hub just fine, but with my 7g trans, I couldnt for the life of me get them to snap in. I didnt count the spines on either the axle or the trans because Im lazy and what not. But I bought a set of new 7g axles from www.raxles.com and they snapped in first try. I toseed the 2g axles, or I sold them, cant remember.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>From my personal experience, I bought a set of 2g Axles. Â*They fit into the hub just fine, but with my 7g trans, I couldnt for the life of me get them to snap in. Â*I didnt count the spines on either the axle or the trans because Im lazy and what not. Â*But I bought a set of new 7g axles from www.raxles.com and they snapped in first try. Â*I toseed the 2g axles, or I sold them, cant remember.</div>

yeah but im talking about having a 2G TRANNY and 7G AXLES, and was wondering if my 7g axles will fit into the 2g tranns
    From 7g to this...

Shot with DSC-T33 at 2007-07-21
    13.1@109 02 WS6

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reptile)</div><div class='quotemain'>well u know what? its all matts fault cuz he told me it was shorter gearing lol</div>

someone (i think seth) told me the gearing was shorter. and it would be if the first and 5th gear were really long 8) quit your bitching anyways, it's not like you had a selection of transmissions to choose from

advice about the axles: since you're still unsure despite someone saying that they're all interchangeable, why don't you buy a set of axles specific for that transmission, and make sure you can return them. that way you can just buy them the day before the tranny swap and if you dont need them you can bring them back
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

spyder97gs
    Yeah they definitely aren interchangable. The reason you couldnt get it to snap in was because you werent pushing hard enough, some take force.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I looked into the car today and noticed that my firewall looks different from the one in Peano's picture on his tutorial page>>>>>>

the holes on My G are there but in reverse, the little hole is on the right not the left. Peono, you wanna drop some insight on this for me.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    hmm, don't know about that. just cut it to specs on your master cylinder and clutch pedal. drill it so they would mate up
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Pretty sure mine was like that as well. I just cut the center one out then the sides untill the master slid in.
    7g for life!

lol i got my galant 5 spd tranny for free....
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12