The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Amsoil...wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    I use ASL and the mobil1 extended life oil filter.

the XL formula's drain interval is at 7500 miles whereas the ASL formula is at 25k.

the ASL formula is a about a dollar more than XL formula.

i haven't tried the XL formula so i couldn't tell you if its bad or good.

as for filters, i've read a few oil filter comparisons and like the oem mobil1 and k&n have almost the same rating. the mobil1 filter has a lil bit higher flow rate than the k&n and the oem filters but then thats because the oem and k&n have a slightly better filtration quality. the amsoil filter was more designed for long life so it usually has a bigger canister and a sslightly less filtration quality.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    I know this is an old thread but where can i pick up a mobil1 extended peformance oil filter???

i get mine at the autoparts store, like autozone

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheekz185)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know this is an old thread but where can i pick up a mobil1 extended peformance oil filter???</div>

get the K&N much better filter for the price...

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebirdman13)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheekz185)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know this is an old thread but where can i pick up a mobil1 extended peformance oil filter???</div>

get the K&N much better filter for the price...</div>

Yeah but will it last the 7,000 miles? as said by Pinoy, he changes his oil every 7k miles with the mobil filter....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    wow. 7k? even with the best oil filter out there, I wouldn't trust that it will filter most of the metal/dirts stuff on the oil that goes all over your engine again and again.</div>

I ran AMSoil with the same filter for over 15,000 miles each oil change in my 8G Galant. The car ran better and had better mpg at 96,000+ than it did at 30,000 or even 1000 miles. AMSoil is used is police and taxi fleets for well over 25,000miles, however they do regularly change the filters (though you really don't need to).

Btw, I found out recently that my Galant was rebuilt and is still running with well over 100,000 miles the motor was still useable because I used AMSoil.

TGC Regular
    should i go with the amsoil oil filter or the mobil1 high performance filter???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheekz185)</div><div class='quotemain'>should i go with the amsoil oil filter or the mobil1 high performance filter???</div>

I always recommend using Original Mitsubishi Oil Filters.

TGC Regular
    but will they last 7,000 miles, im not going to be changin my oil as often

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheekz185)</div><div class='quotemain'>but will they last 7,000 miles, im not going to be changin my oil as often</div>

I went 15,000 miles with my Mitsu oil filters, never had issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12