The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming ?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    2001GalantGTZ

Galant Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming ?

What does your local dealer charge for Mitsubishi keyless entry remotes?

My Mitsu dealer wants $129 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (01 Galant, 99 Eclipse).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that.

The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

have u thought about getting an alarm with keyless entry??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

2001GalantGTZ
    I'd prefer to stay with the factory setup.

if you prefer to stick with the factory setup, be prepared to pay the dealer's prices. my dealer charges about the same for the transmitter. you might want to search the forums to see how to program the transmitter on your own to save a lil cash.

you can get an aftermarket keyless entry system for less than 100 bucks and or an alarm with it for less than 200 installed and if its installed correctly, it'll last years. i've had my alarm with keyless entry for 5 years now with not a single problem. haven't had a single breakin either. having 2 remotes is good too. one to use on a daily basis and one as a spare.

2001GalantGTZ
    Is this the right programming for the Galant:

All you have to do is insert your key into the ignition but leave your key off.

Insert a jumper wire between Pin 1 and Pin 4 on your DLC.
    (Pin1 is farthest left on the larger side of the DLC. The DLC is mounted under the driver side dash pointing straight down.)

Once you have the pins shorted immediatly press your hazard switch on and off six times.

Your locks will then unlock then lock.

Press the lock button on your new remote three times in one minute and thats all it takes.

You can follow the same procedure again if you have more than one remote. I currently have three remotes programmed.

i hadthe whole process on heer somewhere, with a diagram, let me check... and i got 3 remotes from ebay for a total price of $5 and they all work perfectly...

2001GalantGTZ
    we found no results for mitubishipart.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    can't find the web site 500 Unknown Host The site may no longer exist or it may have moved.
    Double-check for any misspellings, punctuation errors, or extra spaces.
    If these suggestions do not work, try restarting your computer.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001GalantGTZ
    I'd prefer to stay with the factory setup.
    May I ask why? It's cheaper for an alarm than the stock keyless remote system. :?

2001GalantGTZ
    My friend has a Grand Cherokee with an aftermarket alarm..Clifford or something like that. The batteries are constantly going dead in the remotes and his alarm goes off when it wants to. I don't know if he just had a bad install, or if that brand is no good, but I just want it simple. Since I already have the factory receiver, I just want to add the remotes.

2001GalantGTZ
    Hmm...searched there, and a search for "Keyless", "Keyless Entry", or "Keyless Entry Remote" comes up as:

"There is no product that matches the search criteria."

http://mitsupartsdirect.com/

this place has low prices on mitsu parts and have excellent service, based on my experience

but yea, i've had my alarm for 5 years now. i never remember changing the remote. don't know if thats good or bad. might replace it soon just in case. last thing i want is the remote to die on me. but i had another alarm that had a 2-way remote. meaning it told me it tells me whats up with my car, and i'd have to change that a lil bit more often. but then, thats a given since its constantly communicating with the car.

2001GalantGTZ
    I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other "Key Less Ride" site wants about $55 a piece with shipping for the 03 Galant remote.

They're 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/displayProd...?productId=1565

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my Eclipse as well.

I got a new remote off ebay for less than $5 and programmed it myself. If your getting things off Ebay that is misrepresented you can get a refund and/or leave negative feedback. Uusually a threat to leave negative feedback will resolve the problem and get you a refund once you send it back.

2001GalantGTZ
    Not in these cases.

With the payment issue, if I had paid with Paypal, I could file a claim, but Paypal ONLY asks the seller to prove delivery. Once they gave Paypal the tracking number, the buyer loses the dispute, and Paypal closes the case.

I paid with a money order, so I filed fraud claims with USPS, however they basically told me that all they do is keep the report on file and can't refund anything since I did receive a package.

Now ebay's option is that I can file a dispute, and ebay will charge me $25 to look into it. $25 is more than the 2 of the transactions, so its not eligible to even file a "buyer protection" claim.

2 of the sellers were removed from ebay, but they'll probably just come back under another name.

I'd be happy if I could actually get an honest deal with ebay, but I got screwed 3 times in a row.

I was relieved to not have any hassle with ThePartsYouNeed.com's website, so I'd recommend them.