The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tranny and dipstick ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    The f4a21 was used in 6 cylinder applications such as the diamante and the 3000gt

[img]

Quote Originally Posted by dzulboytoy
    The f4a21 was used in 6 cylinder applications such as the diamante and the 3000gt
    no, that was a 30 series.

ok manny I have never seen a f4a21 in a galant 4cylinder application , but if you say they were out there I will keep an eye out for it lol but any way , the fluid level is still checked in PARK with the engine running

[img]

ok manny I have never seen a f4a21 in a galant 4cylinder application , but if you say they were out there I will keep an eye out for it lol but any way , the fluid level is still checked in PARK with the engine running
    no, its not. it CAN be on the new trannies (introduced in 99 on the galant).
    if you check ANY mitsu tranny older than that in a galant in park, you WILL get the incorrect reading. It WILL read about 2 quarts higher than it actually is.

In case you didnt realize it, ive worked for mitsu for 15 years, and rebuilt a thousand trannies.

incidently, the galants came with a multitude of 20/30 trannies depending on the engine, driveline, etc..
    F4A21, F4A22, F4A23, W4A22, W4A23, etc.etc.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    no, its not. it CAN be on the new trannies (introduced in 99 on the galant).
    if you check ANY mitsu tranny older than that in a galant in park, you WILL get the incorrect reading. It WILL read about 2 quarts higher than it actually is.

In case you didnt realize it, ive worked for mitsu for 15 years, and rebuilt a thousand trannies.

Hey manny just read the dipstick !!!!

[img]

Hey manny just read the dipstick !!!!
    what to you mean, read the dipstick.
    theres NOTHING on the 20/30 dipsticks except for a "hot" and "cold" line. thats it. most 20 series had a TINY little dipstic about 3 inches long that was nearly impossible to reach.

well this is a 2000 a/t v6 gtz so i check it in park with the engine running correct?

and my dipstick says only hot then way up on it adjust hot or when hot

Quote Originally Posted by 00gtz
    well this is a 2000 a/t v6 gtz so i check it in park with the engine running correct?
    park (or nuetral).
    as I said, nuetral is what mitsubishi officially says. thats also what you'll read in print everywhere. I am one of few that know you can check it in park, as Ive had hundreds apart.
    I dont like recommending park, as thats what people will then do to a mitsu trans that CANT be checked like that, and burn it up.

hell, ive had to overhall no fewer than 3 "rebuilt" transaxles from local shops because they were too dense to actually read information about mitsus, and instead of checking them in nuetral, they checked them in park.

park (or nuetral).
    as I said, nuetral is what mitsubishi officially says. thats also what you'll read in print everywhere. I am one of few that know you can check it in park, as Ive had hundreds apart.
    I dont like recommending park, as thats what people will then do to a mitsu trans that CANT be checked like that, and burn it up.

hell, ive had to overhall no fewer than 3 "rebuilt" transaxles from local shops because they were too dense to actually read information about mitsus, and instead of checking them in nuetral, they checked them in park.
    would you know why i'm getting different readings on the dip

park (or nuetral).

would you know why i'm getting different readings on the dip
    youre probably just "smearing" the dipstick on the side of the tube as you insert it.

remove the stick, clean it, and re-insert it on a running, warm car. pull it out and inspect. the LOWEST wet indicator is where the fluid is at. If half the dipstick is wet, you just dragged it along the side of the tube upon re-insertion, or something like that.

well finally got my car back from the tranny shop after it was there for over two the clutch packs for 3 .4 were blown so they rebuilt it and wow all i can say is what a difference and i'm glad i did not have to pay the $2200 bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12