Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    j686m

turbo manifold

i think this may be the answer to our turbo with a/c problems
    take a look at the custom stage 2 manifold kit
    http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

Experienced TGC Member
    Iirc, Tearstone also makes manifolds that will not affect the AC.

a log manifold would work especially a custom one it doesnt have the greatest flow pattern but it would get the job done
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

j686m
    last time i asked, tearstone wouldnt sell their manifolds seperate, and you cant used a dsm turbo with it so this looked like a good idea to try out

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Tisk tisk, ask ANY reputable DSM shop or even an import tuner shop to make you a tubular manifold with equal length runners. I dont particularly car for log manifolds.
    7g for life!

j686m
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tisk tisk, ask ANY reputable DSM shop or even an import tuner shop to make you a tubular manifold with equal length runners. Â*I dont particularly car for log manifolds.</div>

for a hefty price usually, most of us are broke asses, so its boost on a budget

So get rid of the A/C and buy a DSM mani... 8)

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

$300-500 for a descent custom equal length tubular manifold. If your broke, you shouldnt be trying to turbo your car
    7g for life!

j686m
    va is pretty hot and very humid in the summer, plus this the first car ive owned that the a/c actually works really good so there is no way im getting rid of it. not broke but money is a little tight right now so im trying to build it one peice at a time. where can i get a custom one done around our way seth? one guy out in chesapeake was like $600(greaser off of dragva). by the way i saw your address on your stickers page, man you live right around the corner from me, ill have to stop by and peep out that 7g one day.

i had a dsm manifold and had my ac still. i just upgraded to the pace setter header. what do yall think about those?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedgalant56
    i had a dsm manifold and had my ac still. i just upgraded to the pace setter header. what do yall think about those?
    love my pacesetter. i read about problems with the welds cracking but mine's been perfect since i got it. wrapped it in exhaust wrap too
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Whatever you do with the pacesetter, GET IT COATED with some anti corrosive treatment. Ask John about his healthy hole on one of his runners!
    7g for life!

lol and I sold mine to Peano....

This on a 8G I would like to see some pictures because if it still sits where a stock mitsu turbo would it should not fit. Also what turbo you running?

im runing 7.5 psi and when i put the pace setter headers on i had to get the downpipe modifyed. the problem was that the pacesetter moves the turbo up in the back. its not flat like the stock dsm manifold. then i was stupid enoght to put on the paper gasket that it came with. in 2 week only 1/3 of it was left. i think the only way they will last is if u use the header wrap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    im runing 7.5 psi and when i put the pace setter headers on i had to get the downpipe modifyed. the problem was that the pacesetter moves the turbo up in the back. its not flat like the stock dsm manifold. then i was stupid enoght to put on the paper gasket that it came with. in 2 week only 1/3 of it was left. i think the only way they will last is if u use the header wrap.
    yeah, exhaust wrap it, and use the double-ply metal gaskets
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i think the only way they will last is if u use the header wrap.

like this?

header wrap is a must, but if you run a pacesetter manni, don't count on it lasting long at 18 psi, or multiple consecutive 3rd gear pulls in the passing lane

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

how long have u had ur headers?

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    i think the only way they will last is if u use the header wrap.

like this?

header wrap is a must, but if you run a pacesetter manni, don't count on it lasting long at 18 psi, or multiple consecutive 3rd gear pulls in the passing lane

how long have u had ur headers?
    i had it for about 3 months. it was actually pretty awesome flowed great. until the #3 runer split open.

now i run new Slow boy racing fully ported cast manifold

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Any pictures? When I had that pacesetter I didn't notice a difference in location from a stock 2G mani....

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    Any pictures? When I had that pacesetter I didn't notice a difference in location from a stock 2G mani....
    actually it is
    the thinner flanges of the pacesetter actually muve the turbo up a little. when i switched to a basic 1st gen manifold while waiting for the arrival of my sbr manni. i had to rebend some of the feed and water lines because the turbo had moved from the previous location.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast