The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g to 8g front end conversion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>btw sleek; that's one hell-of-a lip kit?!?!?!</div>

yea that car looks bad ass
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>would be cheaper to nuy a 8g and mod it</div>

hmm never nuy'ed a 8g b4, i wonder what it would be like

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    gosh the more i look at those pictures the more i need soy sauce, any one notice the dual exhaust... come on man, are you for real?

there are more pics of the mitsu family (plenty of 7gs and 8gs of course!)

below:

http://www.autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content...asp?strCatID=21

Very nice work. I'm really liking the drop, kit, color, wheels, widebody, etc., etc., etc.... :shock:

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

TGC Regular
    that black 8g is fia!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

when is we gon be free????

Both are just fuckin sick! :shock: :shock: Why the hell cant we get these parts! Damn America! We geot everything under the sun you could ever want...except the ability to get sick ass JDM cars and parts. Well unless you git a Honduh

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

hey ya ive been thinkin bout doin a 8g conversion on my 7g(sponsor given me the money). And lookin at this with some friends the hood actually look like its off like a 93. Looks like the invader hood off of them. But ya we have been lookin at this and actually to switch to a 8g front doesnt look that hard.

1)hood-just remove the nose piece and take out the hood latch. and instead of reinstalling it just use some hood pins.

2)fenders-99 fenders have same bolt pattern as the 95-98 do. Have found many vendors selling fenders for 95-99. And they fit. Tried out a pair on a 99.

3)bumber-should bolt up same as any other kit with just a lil cutting with a dremel if you keep stock lights.

4)lights-this is the only part that looks like it will require work. The hook up looks like it needs cutting like jdm headlights but havent checked fitment.

i dunno these are our assumptions. If anyone has any actual work on doing this or anything drop me a message. Cause when i start this out i would like to now what all im goin to need to cut. Also how much bondo, fiberglass, and bodyfiller i will need

phizz2k
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    hey ya ive been thinkin bout doin a 8g conversion on my 7g(sponsor given me the money). And lookin at this with some friends the hood actually look like its off like a 93. Looks like the invader hood off of them. But ya we have been lookin at this and actually to switch to a 8g front doesnt look that hard.

1)hood-just remove the nose piece and take out the hood latch. and instead of reinstalling it just use some hood pins.

2)fenders-99 fenders have same bolt pattern as the 95-98 do. Have found many vendors selling fenders for 95-99. And they fit. Tried out a pair on a 99.

3)bumber-should bolt up same as any other kit with just a lil cutting with a dremel if you keep stock lights.

4)lights-this is the only part that looks like it will require work. The hook up looks like it needs cutting like jdm headlights but havent checked fitment.

i dunno these are our assumptions. If anyone has any actual work on doing this or anything drop me a message. Cause when i start this out i would like to now what all im goin to need to cut. Also how much bondo, fiberglass, and bodyfiller i will need

Hmm this is an older post but I would love to see you atempt this project... I always thought the 8g fenders were simmillar but never tried them out....

So you said the bolt patern for the 94-98 G is the same as a 99 ? ( interesting pics???)

The lights wouldn't be that difficult to wire up but I dunno how well it would fit under the t-bar, if the fenders fit than the lights should just slide into there corners...

Good luck with this... I duno how well it would look aftrwards but I like the jdm7g/8g in the earlier pics...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12