The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharger...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

Supercharger...

1st i like to say I SERCHED,hahah before you guys tear my ass into 5 parts, but im still unclear about some things which i need some more advice to or help. Okay here it goes....

Stage II Vortex Supercharger from RIPP---- BOUGHT

Boost Cooler Water/Methanol Injection System-- NOW this i can get from PEPBOYS which is 300 bucks compares to 500 on ripp, is that cool? or do i need the one made by RIPP?

RIPP Auto Transmission Cooler----BOUGHT

Boost gauge,oil pressure gauge,EGT gague <--GOT THEM 3

Get an AFR gauge INSTEAD EGT......Thats what RIPP guy(keth) said so should i loose the EGT? and GET AFR?

Polyurethane Front Engine Mounts-BOUGHT

Im also gona buy an Extra belt I called Rip they gave me this part number..just incase..
    Extra Belt RIPP
    Part number-Gates Part Ko60750

June 2004 was orginal date of purchuse if that means anything..

Now for the BOV, RIPP makes one, should i get it stright from ripp or can i use any aftermarket one? so make the BOV work all i need is the BoV nothing else correct?

Okay thats what all i got so far they told me i dont need an intercooler since the Boost cooler is better, but is thier anything else i need for this systeam?? like any other parts,Elctronics? im going to get it installed withing the next 2 weeks..Sorry for the Questions i learned half this stuff by serching ,-) and seth helped me thanks agian..Let me get some imput guys i HIGHLY Appreciate it..And if any AUTO 8g I-4 go this setup and knows i need something else let me know thanks

-RON

PS-Install, i only live 4 hours away from ripp they told me it takes 2 days and an price of 1100-1500 range..OR i can take it my bmw shop,they Supercharge bmw,benz,audi and all that plus its only 15 minz from my house incase i ever get an problem, what do you guys think RIPP or my mechinic? plus my guy prob gona do it under 1000
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Why not keep both AFR and EGT? Just be sure the A/F meter is wideband otherwise it won't be of any use. Personally, I went with a Zeitronix ZT-2 which shows A/F, boost, and EGT.
    http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Don't forget colder plugs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ripp this and ripp that, you really need to get away from them and their bullshit. he probably told you to not get an afr gauge because he didn't want you to actually see what was going on.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i just got off the phone with an turbo/supercharger tuner shop whic i live local they said install 800-1000 tops, thier gona take 4 days tune it dyno and what so every only thing i need to buy is the colder plugs has mention above (thanks man) and an AEM Y band which he can get me for $345..

Peno whats the big porblem with ripp? is thier something which i dont know, only reason im goign with RIPP then Tearstone turbo kit, is money im getting an great deal and im an ass if i dont jump on it.
    13 GTR

Id be intersted as to what kind of deal you got? And why did they give you a deal, are they unloading their product?

I see you also didnt mention headers, you are going to need headers to handle the SDS.

As for Ripp....good luck.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Peno whats the big porblem with ripp? is thier something which i dont know, only reason im goign with RIPP then Tearstone turbo kit, is money im getting an great deal and im an ass if i dont jump on it.</div>

who gave you the deal? RIPP? i can give you a great deal on a bag of dog shit too, but it doesn't make it a great opportunity. i don't have any first hand experience with ripp, but i've read enough stories and talked to enough people in person at galant and 3g meets (yes, i went to a 3g meet 8) ) and the stories i heard...woohooooo

i've yet to meet or talk to anyone that didn't have a horror story. i'm sure theres a few on club3g with sucess stories though. like when i turboed my car and drove it 5 miles a week, of course nothing went wrong :laughing:

1994 Galant GS 5spd

its not threw ripp, its an privite seller who had the kit on his car for 8,000 miles wants to sell it 2,800 stage 2 with RIPP headers and everything..MAtt dont you have RIPP are your unhappy with ur RIPP?

Peno what horror stoires have you herd, i dont kno anything bout S/C whats the most common problem, i thought this kit was good from the couple of memebrs on tgc who got them?

Vegas matt dont u got like stage 3? ur unhappy?
    13 GTR

and almost all the members on tgc who got the kit then sold it. i dont want to piss on your parade, cause thats mean as shit considering your so close to forced induction, but i'm not sure exactly which component of the kit is to blame for all the blown motors

to play it safe, i'd run low boost for a while and get the afr gauge so you can actually see wtf is going on. egt, oil pressure and boost won't give you any insight, it's just monitoring the vitals. i'd pulll the timing back a few degrees, but good call on the water cooler kit

1994 Galant GS 5spd

daym, i didnt know that...Thanks for not being harsh on me buddy haha

Vegas matt let me know how ur SDS has treated you
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    You should really think about going turbo...

FYI, the shop shouldn't need to tune the car, as the "Black Box" is supposed to tune itself. I would agree though, that your best bet would be to talk to the guys who actually had the Ripp setup:

Vegasmatt
    blankman
    GalantT3
    Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

ya i Pm'ed all those names you gave me above, matts the only one who responded s far and recamends i dont do it from his personal experince, On another nte i joined Club3g, since peno made some good points i asked them many told me no only if i got an v6, but the I-4 will be a great. But still alot of people had problems they all said they only way to blow a motor or fuck something up really bad, is runing to high of an boost or bad install, many people on thier still told me Tearstone, so i check out tearstone they seem great, less HP then i expected (210hp)..Im looking at this kit..

Budget Front Mount Intercooler, T3/04e Turbo Kit with/Fuel system Price: $2599.00

heres the link:
    http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=s...hpshop&Itemid=2

Now i see this as an option what does this mean?is it an better turbo or bigger one or something?
    "The t3/t4 upgrade comes with a Garrett t3/t4 turbo and can be added to the non-intercooled version for + $200.00"

If i get this tearstone kit thats all i need Besides Oil,Boost,Afr guages, and maybe an Aem Y-band. Will i need any other parts? like Auto tranny cooler or poly engine mounts? Ohh yeah i also need the pipeing of an 01+ since i have an 2000.

So turbo it is???

Oh i also got informed by club3g that Tearstone makes referbished SDS kits which are sapposed to be better and have more parts then getting SDS from RIPP. Any of you guys know anything bout this?

So finial question. Ripp or Tearstone.even though now im leanin toward Tearstone,But Does anyone on this board know anybody with this Kit on their galant or have it themselfs? or they just read shyt online about the kit.

Keep in mind this is my daily driver rain,snow whatever, and im not an highly educated person when it comes to Engine parts.

Thanks guys,

_Ron
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    AFR gauge is a waste! Dont waste your money on that trash. If you want to know how rich you are running get a wideband system. You can get the Innovatek system for like $179 I think?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>AFR gauge is a waste! Â*Dont waste your money on that trash. Â*If you want to know how rich you are running get a wideband system. Â*You can get the Innovatek system for like $179 I think?</div>

yeah i meant wideband when i said to get an afr gauge.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

from what i learned so far, from TGC,club3g thiers mixed opinions on ripp, but most tend to fall under PROBLEMS, alot people migh tnot have major issues like blown motors or belts snap every 2 days, but little issues which are hard to fix and get really irrtating, and on both forums the name tearstone as appeard and so far alot people say the i-4 is pretty good with turbos and thats the best for that motor, so ima go with tearstone now, unless i end up hearing some shit about them, then ima say fuck the galant daily driver project and save 7K to supercharge me m5 haahha

But thanks to you all who gave me all that input, and peno thanks for being real as they say,or i woulda made an costly mistake.

-ron
    13 GTR

ight im say fwk SDS and go tearstone, im going to order the kit this friday hopefully get it next week, and get it installed the following week..im geting the

Budget kit, Front Mount Intercooler, T3/04e Turbo Kit w/Fuel system Price: $2599.00 plus 125 shipping..
    TOTAL=2,725

Now i showed this setup to my local tuner shop, they all told me go turbo, down the line you will thank your self if you wanan upgrade, sicne thier so much you can do to that S/c, they told me the beneifts and flows of both kits,

They told me with the turbo, maybe IF i want i can get an better fuel system? you think i need to? they said around 500 bucks for some good shit, im paying 300 for the one from tearstone..think i should spend 200 more for something better? or you think its fine?

One thing they told me to get is the AEM wide band with the guage which is on the link below..
    http://www.coximport.com/aem/uego-gauge.html

Another thing they said is, get the APEXI-AVCR BOOST COntroller

What you guys think? Penooo give me some insight mannn ,-) ahah
    13 GTR

Tearstone
    I have the AEM Wideband available as well: http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=s...hpshop&Itemid=2

I really like that gauge minus the blinky lights that go around the diameter, the digital read out is easy to read.

ahhh Russ daym, you got everything i need them ahha

Guess i did make the right choice huh ahaha
    13 GTR

do you think there is a better turbo to upgrade to with that tearstone kit, or just use the t3? whats the best :?
    -Travis

My Car

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    why not just drop a evo engine in there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast