The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DC Sports Strut Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    yea just dremel it to fit from both sides...might as well use it... and go find a washer soo u can use it and tighten it securely...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Well, I went to town with the Dremel the other day and used a cutoff wheel to slot the holes all the way to the edge. Much faster than the grinding bit. Got it bolted on just fine after that, but when I lowered the hood, it was a little resistant at the latch point. Slowly closed it all the way and thought I was golden except that the driver's side was about 1/8" higher than the fender. Figured it might just be the heatshield material in the way, and the fiber material was soaked with oil anyway (?!) so I ripped it out but that didn't help. The hood support structure is interfering, but it's odd that it's only a problem on the driver side.

So, now I'm officially done with this bar. If someone else wants to give it a shot, PM me. I'll let it go for slightly less than I paid.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

use a cut off wheel again and cut some of the hood support off. I don't see how it could harm it all. good luck.

.Spike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12