The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $200 for shock/strut & spring service?!?!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

$200 for shock/strut & spring service?!?!

alright here's the deal. i went to a few pro-shops in my area i asked them how much is it for installation for shocks/springs. they all said they had a "deal" going for shocks/springs/service for $800. They said the usual it will be eibach's, kyb/agx's.
    I'm looking at it like this, i guess i will be getting a deal on the springs (est $200) and the shocks (est. $400). Which leaves $200 for service?!?! Wut do u guys think? Is it a good price for installation? I know prices may be less for install especially in the West and South but wut about for ppl who live in the East where it tends to be a 'lil more expensive i noticed.
    I just wanna make sure cuz one of the place i went to is justa bunch of Honduh dicksucking fuckers. I never trusted them but they all gave me about the same range in price. Thanks
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

well by me it costed 150 for progrss springs shipped from www.optauto.com
    and then 200 to have all for installed
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Sounds like the average is $200, which is not a bad deal at all. Just choose the right place that will do the install. It cost me $150 to have just the Progress Springs installed and it only took 45 minutes. I felt it was worth every penny. I know you would be pissed if you went with the 'cheaper' install place, trying to save a few bucks and they ended up messing something up, right? Sometimes it pays to go with the more reputable shop. Honda Cocksuckers or not. I bet those guys really know what they're doing.

Remember to get an 4 wheel thrust alignment after the install. Camber kit will be optional.

Re: $200 for shock/strut & spring service?!?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r-ezz.e)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright here's the deal. Â*i went to a few pro-shops in my area i asked them how much is it for installation for shocks/springs. Â*they all said they had a "deal" going for shocks/springs/service for $800. Â*They said the usual it will be eibach's, kyb/agx's. Â*
    I'm looking at it like this, i guess i will be getting a deal on the springs (est $200) and the shocks (est. $400). Â*Which leaves $200 for service?!?! Â*Wut do u guys think? Â*Is it a good price for installation? Â*I know prices may be less for install especially in the West and South but wut about for ppl who live in the East where it tends to be a 'lil more expensive i noticed.
    I just wanna make sure cuz one of the place i went to is justa bunch of Honduh dicksucking fuckers. I never trusted them but they all gave me about the same range in price. Â*Thanks</div>

I installed mine bymyself with a help of a friend, cost me just the parts.
    (Eibach's around $200, and Kyb's $380 ) so its saved me about $200 on the installation dept.

800 is a good deal. i mean 200 for springs, 400 for shocks thats 600. then about 70 dollars for the alignment and that leaves 130 for installation. a good deal if you aren't gonna install it yourself

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    800 is a good deal. i mean 200 for springs, 400 for shocks thats 600. then about 70 dollars for the alignment and that leaves 130 for installation. a good deal if you aren't gonna install it yourself
    Negative......there's no alignment w/the "deal". Just springs/shocks and $200 install.
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Damn $70 for allignment? I got mine allign for $39.95 with coupons, and $45 Without, thats out the door. ( 4 wheel ).

Quote Originally Posted by jacuZZi
    Damn $70 for allignment? I got mine allign for $39.95 with coupons, and $45 Without, thats out the door. ( 4 wheel ).
    well that estimate is a lil bit on the high end. but yea you can find deals anywhere. i mean you can find eibac springs for under 200. you can find places that will do install for under 100. its just a rough estimate to see what you're looking at.

i've never gotten an alignment on the galant. but that will change when they repair my car so i get that done for free. to tell u the truth i never went out of my way to get any of my car's alignment done, jsut cuz either it was needed cuz of the work done or i bought new tires and it was part of the deal

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.