The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: head light wiring update**

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

head light wiring update**

does anybody know if i can use a complete h7 wiring harness over my old 9006 harness... i mean is it direct plug in?

** also driving with yellow fogs is legal isnt it?... ty
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Proto
    if its for jdms, you want to buy the JDM 7g harness or just chop the usdm harness and wire it

the yellow fog is legal.. my brother has yellow HID'S on his 2003 accord.... looks sweet!!

Please help... does anybody know which wire is which...??? have to splice my h4 harness since it doesnt plug into my stock ones

okay after a couple hours of searching...it seems like some of u guys just spliced the wires... the kit i got is telling me differently attaching wires to the battery, creating another ground ahhh i dunno... ill just splice the wires...

did you get one of those heavy duty wiring harnesses because i see the male h4 socket?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Its like hooking up HID's. Power from battery to relay, low voltage on from the power on OEM harness to Power input on relay. Power out from relay to JDM harness, and ground to chassis. You will only need to slice 2 wires because the 3rd is the hot that goes to the other headlight which i believe is the highs.

If you just splice and join wires like you say without the relay and battery to power it, all you will do is keep blowing headlamp fuses. and they are not cheap either.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

if you are wiring up 7g jdms:
    just hook up the h4 bulb that the jdms take, to the harness you have.
    then use your battery to figure out what the circuit is for the high and the low.

for the outer lenses
    cut your stock connectors off.
    wire your high beam 12v into the high beam filiment, wire your low beam 12v into the low beam filament, they share a mutual ground. then use your fog light circuit to power the integrated fog/ driving lamp for the inner lens(H1 i believe)

you can use your turn signal circuit for the corners. stock bulb is a singal circuit 1156
    if you go to walmart or autozone and get an 1157 harness (same style bulb but 2 circuits) you can wire in your marking lights into the dim circuit; then your turn signal into the bright circuit. that way you sacrifice no functionality.

then of the tiny bulb for the usdm clear corner marking light(not the amber one) is a direct plug in for the city light hole in the headlamp lens.

pretty straight forward

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

really ill start blowing fuses??.. man i finished all last night lol ... guess ill have to rework it ... thanks for the input...

About the fogs, I'm not sure. It might be a local law thing. My father SWEARS that it's illegal, yet every other car you see drives with it's fogs on. I also know that many Lexuses come with bright yellow fogs, and I see them driving around with them on all the time. I used to have yellow fogs and I never got a problem (see my sig) but they broke, and now I have the kind that shine all different colors but project a solid blue beam. They're much nicer, and I think they are legal. I'm not sure, but I wired mine to turn on when my car turns on, in other words, they are ALWAYS on, and I never had a problem with a cop ever.

Just my 1.99999 cents.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.