The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM 7G Mirors: need help with wiring

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

JDM 7G Mirors: need help with wiring

so i got a set of jdm power folding mirrors, and the controller has a completely different harness than the usdm one. i'm not too concerned with wiring up the switch, because once i set the mirrors they'll never change, but i still need to rig up a switch to control their folding ability.

i can get the mirrors to fold if i manually hook them up to the battery. each mirror has two wires that control the folding. one 12V and one Ground wire. if you reverse the wires, then they fold out the other way, get it? so i hook them up to the battery, and they fold out. reverse the wires, and they fold back in.

without a mess of 93402983 relays, how can i wire them up to a switch. any creative ideas? i'm stumped
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

you'll need a dpdt switch. you can get one at radio shack.

the switch will have 6 prongs like this

where the middle one is the power in and the 2 outside ones are power out

hook up the switch like this

lets say you have 2 wires for the foling of the mirrors one red one black

<span style='color:red'>*</span>*
    +-
    *<span style='color:red'>*</span>

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

GENIUS! thats exactly what i was looking for. i assume dpdt = double pull double throw? thanks for the help

1994 Galant GS 5spd

how do you keep the motor from continuing to cycle as long as the battery is on?
    like for instance just the glass on my mirror, if i was to hard wire the tilt left to a 12v source, it would just keep clicking the mirror adn never stop until it burnt out.
    would this happen with the fold in and fold out motor on the mirror assembly, or does it automaticall cut out when its full extended?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

my switch was spring loaded so power would only be sent when you press the button. but if you get one that wasn't spring loaded the mirror would keep trying to fold or unfold and evenutally blow out the motor.

but yea, dpdt is dual pole dual throw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>my switch was spring loaded so power would only be sent when you press the button. but if you get one that wasn't spring loaded the mirror would keep trying to fold or unfold and evenutally blow out the motor.

but yea, dpdt is dual pole dual throw.</div>
    thats what i was wondering
    cause if they were mine i would want to be able to move them on command, adn have them automatically opne and close when i power the car on or off respectively.

is there some type of timed relay you can use?
    sort of like how the power windows are still available with the car off and the keys out for 30 seconds (so long as you don't open the door)
    if you could get one thats adjustale or like 5 seconds long or something that would be cool
    idk

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

you can get a timer from ebay.

or you can get one of those timed relays that they use for power mirrors. i haven't seen any for mitsus but i see alot on ebay for honda's and toyotas and you can use those. just gotta figure out the wiring. but the wiring is pretty simple. if you have a diagram its a piece of cake.

they automatically stop when fully closed/open. i guess there is a switch inside that is activated at the end of their cycle that probably cuts its respective motor. plus, with the dpdt switch i'm going to switch it back to the middle position anyways (off).

i wish i could figure out how to get the jdm switch wired in, its just like the usdm one but has an oem looking switch for opening/closing the mirrors. i can't figure it out for the life of me so this new switch is gonna have to do

1994 Galant GS 5spd

do you have a picture of the switch>? i know mitsu sometimes shares the switch with other cars so maybe we can find a car that uses the same switch and possibly find a wiring diagram for the switch.

the two brown wires on the right i'm pretty sure are for the folding ability. the one wire thats connected is the 12v+, but i can't figure out which one is ground. i hook up a volt meter to the two brown wires, and push teh switch, and one of them sees 12v, but the other one never sees a ground. i tried putting the ground wire onto every other wire and volt testing, but still no go. which is why i'm stumped......

1994 Galant GS 5spd

you might want to contact some of the 8g owners who have power folding mirrors like cali and frankmb and a few more others. that switch looks just like the jdm 8g ones.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you might want to contact some of the 8g owners who have power folding mirrors like cali and frankmb and a few more others. that switch looks just like the jdm 8g ones.</div>

interesting, will do. thanks again

1994 Galant GS 5spd